What month is this?

deafsound

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
i arrrghhmmmmpppth
I walked out the door at 6am, and was met with fabulously mild temperatures, and it supposed to hit almost 70 degrees today in Boston. I can't believe it's January 6th. Instead of shoveling the walk and digging out the car in sub zero weather, I'm gonna go play me some golf. Crazy!

There's always Denver? Or, if that's not enough... Fly into KTEX, or... possibly C24 and hang out at Wolfcreek Pass? They have only about a 60" base right now but it'll get better! :D

My fiancee is up in NYC this weekend from Miami. She said they were
out running around with no jacket and felt like she was still in Maimi.

I think here in Nebraska we're going to be in the 40s today .. but
that's a lot better than the usual single digits this time of year.

RT

There's always Denver? Or, if that's not enough... Fly into KTEX
Denver, well, yeah, I think we've gotten everyone's share of snow for the past few weeks. As far as KTEX, here is a picture that I took last week. The airport is in center of the picture and the ski area is to the right of the airport. The town is further up the valley behind the ski area.

Attachments

• Telluride.jpg
    Telluride.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Here in the Carolina's it's the 70's. Man we've been having a mild winter.

Here in Paris it's in the mid 40s and rain. From what I read, about typical.

It's nasty at home, too.

Turn on Fox news and check out the coverage of an avalanche that closed Hwy 40 near Berthoud Pass and Winter Park.

"Walkin' in a winter wonderland!"

Turn on Fox news and check out the coverage of an avalanche that closed Hwy 40 near Berthoud Pass and Winter Park.

"Walkin' in a winter wonderland!"
I'm betting it was set off by some idiot back-country skier. Some come from the East Coast wet snow and don't have a clue in the Rockies.

You guys outta know better.

They're already talking about an Artic chill coming down next week. Just because you hadda go and tempt it, we'll probably get 4 feet of snow!

Was in Buffalo NY New Years day 2000, Bunch of us rented a car and drove to Niagra Falls. Was shirt sleeve weather at 55f no snow anywhere in sight. Those that are having nice weather now will pay -- sooner or later.
Ron

I walked out the door at 6am, and was met with fabulously mild temperatures, and it supposed to hit almost 70 degrees today in Boston. I can't believe it's January 6th. Instead of shoveling the walk and digging out the car in sub zero weather, I'm gonna go play me some golf. Crazy!

Quitcha whinin and mail me your snowblower. :D PLEASE!

We've had 7 feet in the last 2 weeks and I forgot what ground looks like. I still have to use 4WD to get in/out of here.

Two pictures from Green Mountain near here. Snowshoe country...
1: NNE toward RMNP
2: S toward COS

Attachments

• IM004818.jpg
    IM004818.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IM004820.jpg
    IM004820.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 8

We've had 7 feet in the last 2 weeks and I forgot what ground looks like. I still have to use 4WD to get in/out of here.

Two pictures from Green Mountain near here. Snowshoe country...
1: NNE toward RMNP
2: S toward COS

I am quite envious. All but one ski resort in NC have closed and they are skiing on mud. It really has hurt the entire area financially.

Frank - I'm about ready to throw mine in the snowbank. Seriously needs some Tim Taylor magic worked on it. It's a wimpy single stage blower that just chokes on the wet bottom layer of snow.

Now THIS is the snowblower I want! Arrr Arrrr Arrrr! MORE POWER!!!!!

Attachments

• snowblower.jpg
    snowblower.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 6
Frank - I'm about ready to throw mine in the snowbank. Seriously needs some Tim Taylor magic worked on it. It's a wimpy single stage blower that just chokes on the wet bottom layer of snow.

Snowblower? Pansy stuff. We were discussing using dynamite yesterday to blast the harder than concrete ice out of the way.

I still dunno why you folks don't whip up some flame throwers to take care of the snow/ice. :D

Feel any better? I'm waiting for the mother of all colds to strike me after traveling from 65 degree Tennessee this weekend.

I still dunno why you folks don't whip up some flame throwers to take care of the snow/ice. :D

Now you're talking. Weed burning is my favorite farm job. And, I am one of the few in the area who has not had to call the fire deptartment to put out a fire. But, it's a pride thing. I have also lost some fence posts, trees, buildings...

:D

Put 80 miles on the motorcycle yesterday, temps in the 50's with a brisk N wind, 15mph with gusts to 25. Still nice though. 22 degrees on the ride to work this morning but supposed to be nice again by lunch time:yes: Q

Okay, Chicago has lows in the teens (F) today. Feel better? Had to say something, didntcha?

Suckuary?
Ditto! I was to have a flight today and tomorrow. Today, winds were 250 @ 10 on the ground and the rest were: 3,000: 0916, 6,000: 1509-01 and 9,000: 2716+01. When I called for the brief, 3 and 6 were at 23kts and 11kts, respectively. With a wind shear, I'm not so sure my commercial maneuvers would have been within PTS. That blows today's flight.

But, late tonight and into tomorrow... ya like ice? Yeah, in ice tea! Athens is 30 miles east of us.

KAHN 171737Z 171818 09010KT P6SM SCT150 BKN250
FM0200 07010KT P6SM BKN050 OVC100
FM0600 06009KT 5SM -RAPL BR OVC030
FM1000 04008KT 4SM -RAPL BR OVC012
TEMPO 1113 2SM FZRAPL BR OVC007

PL? It doesn't mean "Pleasing Conditions"!

Consequently, this blows my checkride that was scheduled for Friday. So, it's pushed back a week... again!

Maybe I should have just blown off work and gone to Arizona for all my training. But, as my luck would go, I'd be faced with severe wind/dust storms every other day. Yes, January is starting to suck!

Back