What kind of plane

HPNFlyGirl

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
Good Evening All...I am in the process of updating my flickr account and was wondering what kind of plane this is:

2977263114_56ed9dc0d8_b.jpg

F-86 Sabre from North American.

He got it first. Warf flies around in one of those for you Trekkies...
I had thought he got rid of it. A while back, he was saying how difficult it was to get a waiver to go really play with it the way engineers intended.

I had thought he got rid of it. A while back, he was saying how difficult it was to get a waiver to go really play with it the way engineers intended.
I think you may be right about that Kenny.

As he did with his past aircraft, Dorn based his F-86 at Van Nuys Airport and flew it across the country a few times in the four years he had it, before selling it in 1998 and acquiring a North American Sabreliner.

spacer.gif
"I thought I was done with military flying," he said. "It's kind of complicated, and you have to email the FAA to tell them where you're going to go. It's a little bit of a hassle, just because of the nature of the beast. I just wanted to be able to jump into my airplane and fly."
http://www.airportjournals.com/Display.cfm?varID=0806018

Oh and yes Brook it is an F86 as the 2nd poster said.

Neat old airplane, where did you see it at?

Apparently Mr Dorn is also a glider pilot.

"Today is a good day to GLIDE!"

Wyatt Fuller was the owner/pilot. He brought the plane to Airventure in 2005. He was on his way to Airventure in 2006 when the accident occurred.

The paint scheme paid homage to the late Lt General Robert R. Rowland, commander of the 21st Fighter-Bomber Wing (72nd, 416th and 531st Squadrons) which distinguished itself in the Philippine and European Theater.

Last edited:
Back