what kind of insurance premiums are you guys paying on 4 seaters and six seaters?

I too got a quote from Avemco this year. They were nearly double my current company. They also now send me **** loads of spam in both email and regular mail, which makes me that much less likely to use them in the future.

'65 172, 35k hull, hangared w/ 1200 hrs VFR: $501 from Wenk Ins.

'76 Tiger. $64k hull, no deductible, $1,000,000 smooth liability, tied down in NJ, initially $1210/yr with 130 total hrs and only 20 recent hrs (in the last 25 yrs), no IR and 6 hrs of AYA orientation training in Tigers. Today with IR, 800 total hrs and ca. 670 hrs in type, $1140.

As a student pilot a Cessna 172 with 25g hull was 1000. Cessna 205 six seat now with 80g hull $1860. Piper Malibu with 350g hull $3350. I have ifr and average 250 to 350 hrs per year flying

^^ none of these numbers are useful without knowing whether the liability coverage is "smooth" and what the medical per seat and/or per incident limits are if any. Not necessarily comparing apples to apples.

Under $600 year on a 1960 175b, hull $3600. I have 1200 hours in this plane. Avemco, pretty reasonable I think.
Dave.

It's very difficult to compare, it's mostly about hull cost. Obviously it's going to be a lot more to insure a $120k plane than a $25k. I just purchased a Socata TB20 as a student pilot, no time in hp or retract, my insurance is $2100/year. I need 5 hours in make and model with CFI before I can solo in it. I was pleasantly surprised by the quote, I was expecting much higher.

Welcome to the French club. You a member of Socata.org yet???

My Tampico ran $904/yr as a student. My dad's 1960 C-175 ran about the same too.... He's a student. Once I had my PPL the policy will rewrite around $700

Call Rose or Kim at Bill White Insurance in Corona, CA. They're aviation only and they are distant cousins of my family....they had my grandpa's C-180 for 30+ years.

Http://www.insurancebwi.com Tell them Brad sent you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the French club. You a member of Socata.org yet???

My Tampico ran $904/yr as a student. My dad's 1960 C-175 ran about the same too.... He's a student. Once I had my PPL the policy will rewrite around $700

Call Rose or Kim at Bill White Insurance in Corona, CA. They're aviation only and they are distant cousins of my family....they had my grandpa's C-180 for 30+ years.

Http://www.insurancebwi.com Tell them Brad sent you.

Thanks! Yes I am a member at Socata.org, other members have been very helpful! And thanks for the insurance tip!

Gary

No worries...I have been traveling quite a bit, so I haven't been over there much. Did you buy 51tb?

My insurance agent told me this month that retract insurance is through the roof this year due to all the recent accidents (I assume she meant 2015).
I don't blame the insurance companies for trying to make up the lost revenue in higher retract premiums. That's what insurance is all about, we pay for others' mistakes, hoping that one day they will pay for ours. :)

That's BS, who cares if lots of folks are scraping belly, if I got the hours and haven't even scratched paint why rip me off just because your bottom line sucks this year, reason 3255 why 9 time out of 10 insurance is mostly a scam.

Last edited:
60's era Six, $70k hull, ASEL no IR, 450hrs, 200 in type, hangared (made a difference) 100hrs/yr. $1350

No worries...I have been traveling quite a bit, so I haven't been over there much. Did you buy 51tb?

Yep, flew it home (MN) almost 2 weeks ago now. Great flight and took some awesome pictures over the Rockies!

I must be doing OK with Global- 2,500hr IR CP with plenty of time in M/M, $90k hull, standard limits - $650/yr

Four partners, three instrument rated, one not, $1200/yr.

1977 182Q, my son is a named pilot, 100 hour VFR pilot, it's $1400 per year with $75K hull.

Whoa. That's a HUGE difference in premium. Any idea why? Did you get a quote yet this year from AR?
When you get away from the basic vanilla under 200hp, 4 seat, fixed nose-gear singles, Avemco loses its edge. Even my 170 was $400/year more with Avemco.

When you get away from the basic vanilla under 200hp, 4 seat, fixed nose-gear singles, Avemco loses its edge. Even my 170 was $400/year more with Avemco.
Oh, I didn't know they had an edge in any regime, I've never used them and don't recall even asking them for a quote. The companies my broker uses have seemed to quote reasonable prices under the circumstances. I know I'm paying more than some others, mainly for my declared hull value and the fact that it's a retract.

No intent to hijack this thread but when you're posting responses, it would be helpful if you mention who's good or bad with claims. (There was a thread last year where a guy hit a deer on the runway and the ins. company didn't pay because they said it was an "act of god.")

Back