What kind of flying do you do?

So, to my question. Do you consider your flying as a sport or a hobby, and what type of flying do you do?

John

My flying is somewhat evenly divided between personal flights for vacations or family visits, and transportation to work sites for my job. Therefore most flights have a "purpose" other than sport or hobby. Still, it fulfills all my sport and hobby needs. ;)

flying is not a matter of life & death, It is MUCH more important than that.Sport? hobby? How about a Passion. DaveR

flying is not a matter of life & death, It is MUCH more important than that.Sport? hobby? How about a Passion. DaveR

I vote for passion.

[SIZE=-1]"The exhilaration of flying is too keen, the pleasure too great, for it to be neglected as a sport."[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] Orville Wright [/SIZE]

Because every time I slide into a plane for the first time that day, the smell that only an airplane has makes me think of my dad... And I am twice as old as he was when his heart gave out and it still happens every time... I slide into the seat and for a couple of heartbeats my eyes are looking at a modern panel but my ten year old eyes are seeing the black crinkle of a J3 panel with the handsome ivory face instruments with their fine needles and sharp black markings and the backwards tachometer and I can for one breath smell the can of Prince Albert tobacco that always resided in his left breast pocket, and then the world snaps back into focus... Some things have no no justification, no price, and no logical reason, they just are...

denny-o

And the winner is:

Because every time I slide into a plane for the first time that day, the smell that only an airplane has makes me think of my dad... And I am twice as old as he was when his heart gave out and it still happens every time... I slide into the seat and for a couple of heartbeats my eyes are looking at a modern panel but my ten year old eyes are seeing the black crinkle of a J3 panel with the handsome ivory face instruments with their fine needles and sharp black markings and the backwards tachometer and I can for one breath smell the can of Prince Albert tobacco that always resided in his left breast pocket, and then the world snaps back into focus... Some things have no no justification, no price, and no logical reason, they just are...

denny-o

d889c3ba-2134-946a.jpg

Late to the thread. That's POTW material, right there.

Back