What kind of dog do I have

Good looking dog.

That mearle pattern can indicate a few breeds, none of which are Shepherd. The spotted nature of it also narrows it a bit. Or means even more a mutt. :)

Mutts are great.

Man the lakes are low. Check the pic of my dog at the lake from initial post.

Then today I went out there today to look at some work my folks are doing

The pics are on the same side of the land about 20 yards apart.
I am afraid it isn't coming back.

attachment.php

10624581_10205338158760390_9138051259339609148_n.jpg

Last edited:
Why don't you think it'll come back?

As an aside, my bathtub is deeper than most Texas lakes I've been on...this one looks similar!

in 15 years of having that lake house, that is the lowest I have ever seen it.
All the lakes around here are drying up.

there are lots of rumors about pipes taking water from the lakes south of here and bringing the water up here for fracking and to supply northern cities. I have not looked into any of that but the lakes here are all drying up.

I only skimmed through it but This might be what the rumors are referring to.
http://fwbusinesspress.com/fwbp/art...make-area-water-project-largest-in-U.S.-.aspx

pipes taking water from the lakes south of here and bringing the water up here for fracking

Ahhhhh...that sounds quite plausible and could be a significant change from prior usage patterns.

The Santa Monica airport thread degraded to California bashing...I really like California and would live there except that I refuse to live anywhere where water must be imported. Sounds like Texas may join the list in the not so distant future (if it's not already on it).

I like having my 100' spring fed well that's capable of a sustained 50 GPM...and maybe more...but that's as far as we pushed it during testing. And, it's been tested to "state school standards" for contaminants and there are absolutely none, even after a heavy rain (springs getting contaminated by run-off/rain water after a heavy rain is common in Karst topography).

I've said for 30 years that our next WW will be fought over water. I want mine handy.

Cold, pure water. Homegrown.

Ahhhhh...that sounds quite plausible and could be a significant change from prior usage patterns.

The Santa Monica airport thread degraded to California bashing...I really like California and would live there except that I refuse to live anywhere where water must be imported. Sounds like Texas may join the list in the not so distant future (if it's not already on it).

I like having my 100' spring fed well that's capable of a sustained 50 GPM...and maybe more...but that's as far as we pushed it during testing. And, it's been tested to "state school standards" for contaminants and there are absolutely none, even after a heavy rain (springs getting contaminated by run-off/rain water after a heavy rain is common in Karst topography).

I've said for 30 years that our next WW will be fought over water. I want mine handy.

Cold, pure water. Homegrown.

The list of places where water must be imported is growing. Everywhere could have plenty of pure water if we just swap energy systems.

The list of places where water must be imported is growing. Everywhere could have plenty of pure water if we just swap energy systems.

Fort Lauderdale, certainly has lots of water !

Cheers

My dog is named Chum. I lived on a boat when I got him and he used to always jump in the water. I have a cat named Bacon. Well, everybody loves bacon. My wife says I'm not allowed to name our kids.:D

You mean she wouldn't like it if you named them "Porky and Petunia"? :D

Man the lakes are low. Check the pic of my dog at the lake from initial post.
10624581_10205338158760390_9138051259339609148_n.jpg

Wait, you call THAT low? How about 73' low? :)
Where in TX are ya? Here in CTW, our largest lake isn't a lake anymore, we call it a pond. Hasn't been full since mid 2000's. We are at 35% and still dropping.

For the dog, I don't think I would care what his actual breed is because he is gorgeous and loves water. That's all that matters to me! :)
Wanna trade for a purebred water-scared hound? ;)

I used to have Ozzie and Harriet.

Had Ozzie first, named after Ozzie Smith. Then got a female, what else could she possibly be named?

I used to have Ozzie and Harriet.

Had Ozzie first, named after Ozzie Smith. Then got a female, what else could she possibly be named?

George and Gracie?

Fibber and Molly?

Back