What kind of binocs do tower controllers have?

texasclouds

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
Any controllers on this board? I’m curious about what size and brand y’all use. Do some bring their own personal?

businessman-using-binoculars.jpg

Whatever works. There is no standard. Only thing they’re really good for is putting boot polish on them and pranking your fellow coworkers.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/air-traffic-control-tower-binoculars.html
Yeah. Just basic ol’ Bausch and Lomb binocs. But they are good for more than pranking. You are fergivin’ for not knowing that though because you worked at Military places. Now many Civilian Towers have all kinds of good things to look at. Lotsa chicas de caliente strutin’ around on the ramp, climbing in n out of planes, bending over pre flighting planes etc. Boarding airliners where outside stairs are used. I’ve seen near fist fights from Controllers grabbing the binocs out of another’s hand screaming ‘my turn’

Yeah. Just basic ol’ Bausch and Lomb binocs. But they are good for more than pranking. You are fergivin’ for not knowing that though because you worked at Military places. Now many Civilian Towers have all kinds of good things to look at. Lotsa chicas de caliente strutin’ around on the ramp, climbing in n out of planes, bending over pre flighting planes etc. Boarding airliners where outside stairs are used. I’ve seen near fist fights from Controllers grabbing the binocs out of another’s hand screaming ‘my turn’
.....and then you woke up from your dream

He's going with "pics or it didn't happen."
Ah. I wish. It was many moons ago. It woulda gone like this. Take picture. Take roll of film to be developed. Go back and get pics. But then what? Wasn't no POA yet much less the internet.

The rampie has the clear advantage over the tower operator in this case, especially when skirts and dresses are in effect.

Best ones I have used are Leica Ultravid. I use Leica Geovid, range finding binoculars, 10x42.

Back