What job?

jmp470

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
John
So I picked out the plane I want. I want a Cessna Mustang jet. Now, what job do I need to support it? I'm working the problem set backwards. :D I will let the plane dictate my mission, because I fly a jet :yes:

Or the new jet ranger X, if I decide I want to go the helicopter route. This means the beach house isn't as far away. But, then I can land closer to it. And I can take off from my house.

So what jobs are out there, that will allow me to afford 1 of those. Or better yet, both of those?

Be the next Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Warren Buffet, even Jimmy Buffet.

Fail. People with 'jobs' don't get nice things. You need to create a mega pile of value to burn kerosene. Working a job will never get you there.

The big paying 'jobs' come with contracts saying you can't fly your own airplane. Marrying someone with jet money is probably the best bet.

Hands down, the best bet for making ample money to be able to afford a nice jet...

Televangelist.

I was based in Harrison, AR a dozen or so years ago. That was before Branson built their commercial airport and all the "entertainers" used Harrison when coming/going to Branson. 6,000' runway, ILS approach, only 30 minutes down the road. There'd be three to six jets sitting on the ramp on any given "in-season" weekend.

The televangelists always had the nicest jets...far nicer than the other entertainers.

And that's all I'll say about that!

Last edited:
Professional pilot would probably be your best shot at flying those two :)

Hands down, the best bet for making ample money to be able to afford a nice jet...

Televangelist.

I was based in Harrison, AR a dozen or so years ago. That was before Branson built their commercial airport and all the "entertainers" used Harrison when coming/going to Branson. 6,000' runway, ILS approach, only 30 minutes down the road. There'd be three to six jets sitting on the ramp on any given "in-season" weekend.

The televangelists always had the nicest jets...far nicer than the other entertainers.

Yup.
Not far from me is copeland Airport which I believe is owned by Kenneth Copeland. I understand there are a few jets too.

Televangelist.

Televangelist out of KCAK has a nice private 747 (ironically called "Star-Triple-7") that sits dormant on the tarmac most of the time. Supposedly costs around 20k/hr to operate.

The big paying 'jobs' come with contracts saying you can't fly your own airplane. Marrying someone with jet money is probably the best bet.

I've just got my new name for a specific level of wealth: Jet money.

"I'm not so sure she loves him for real, I think she just loves that he's got Jet money."

"Did you see what the super lotto was up to? It's starting to look like Jet money."

I've just got my new name for a specific level of wealth: Jet money.

"I'm not so sure she loves him for real, I think she just loves that he's got Jet money."

"Did you see what the super lotto was up to? It's starting to look like Jet money."
Yup. For the lotto winners it needs more clarification 'he thought he had jet money but it was only jet rental money':D

I say gigolo.

Now tell me there isn't two or three you wouldn't service in this list of the top 20 richest women in America.

Wow. Bad news for women: Every single one of the women on that top 20 list got their wealth by being born or marrying into already-rich families. Only one even has a high-powered position within the company she inherited.

Wow. Bad news for women: Every single one of the women on that top 20 list got their wealth by being born or marrying into already-rich families. Only one even has a high-powered position within the company she inherited.
Why would they want a high powered position in Dad's company? And why should stockholders give them one?

Why would they want a high powered position in Dad's company? And why should stockholders give them one?

I'm not saying either one of those things. I'm saying that this list shows that it's still difficult for women to make it on their own.

I say gigolo.

Now tell me there isn't two or three you wouldn't service in this list of the top 20 richest women in America.

A lot of Walton names on that list!:eek: The Cox sisters are from Atlanta, they keep a GIV or V at FTY and I think another one based in Hawaii. :D
I'd have to say most of the women are much more attractive when their bank balance is included in the picture.:D

I'm not saying either one of those things. I'm saying that this list shows that it's still difficult for women to make it on their own.
Perhaps it isn't difficult at all, perhaps these women just don't want it.

And there aren't any others who do? I'm simply pointing out that there are no self-made women on the list.
How many women are there in the septic pumping industry? Is there something stopping them or are women choosing to abstain from that field. Plenty of self made billionaire women, smart women make billions by marrying it, same as smart men. It is the easiest way. Women are too smart to try and do things the dumb way when an easier path exists.

Job list:
Car dealer: Need a lot of capital to get started, a whole lot these days!

C level corporate: Need lots of degrees and kiss a lot of rear ends to get there!

entrepreneur: That's your best bet unless you have a lot of capital, or a lot of degrees and can kiss a lot of butts. :D

what else

Personal injury attorney.
TV preacher.
I guess we've established you aren't a professional athlete.:D
Entertainer, I already mentioned TV preacher, but someone that sings or dances and doesn't pretend the money is for someone else. :rolleyes:

Um... How many billionaires of any gender are there in that field?

Doesn't matter. Point is women are not becoming billionaire entrepreneurs because they largely don't want to. No one is stopping them. How many of those women in that list have a hangar full of self flown planes? How many of us would given the same resources?

Harrison Ford seems to be doing okay so add A-List movie star to your list. Just remember that Nicholas Cage isn't doing so well. Angelina is only flying a Cirrus?

Fail. People with 'jobs' don't get nice things. You need to create a mega pile of value to burn kerosene. Working a job will never get you there.

Yep. I've worked around some people with double- and triple-digit millionaire net worth in my career (there are several at the startup I'm at) and one thing consistently rings true...

There is definitely a difference between EARNING money, and CREATING money.

EARNING money, basically working for somebody else and collecting a paycheck, might allow you to stash away enough to have a nice retirement, but in most cases, will never build true wealth. The exceptions to that I've seen are people who got lucky and landed at a startup somewhere as an early employee and got to cash out with millions. But that's rare. I'd bet for every person who gets to cash out with "real" money, there are tens of thousands who don't.

CREATING money are what the Steve Jobs and Bill Gates of the world do. They invent something, make a better mousetrap, create something people didn't know they needed but sells like crazy, etc. The ability to see strategically and create money is what leads to what's known in Silicon Valley as "F**k you money". That's get-flown-in-my-own-personal-jet type of money. Google founder type money.

Whoever here can invent the next Google...wins!

Sigh. Was with ya right up until Jobs and Gates. Both ripped off other's ideas and were better at selling them than the inventors.

Hedge Fund manager
Private Equity partner.

How to get there? Hopefully you already have an MBA from one of the top 12 MBA schools and some family connections. Even then the odds are poor.

The OP wants a Mustang, not a fleet of Globals. I think people are setting the bar too high for him. No need to be Bill Gates or Steve Jobs.

So we add inventor, but..... How many patent holders have been screwed by someone else because said person was able to market the idea better. So go overseas, steal an idea. Then return to USA and market the crap out of it! Sounds like the USA before the industrial revolution and china today.

Stock market guy. Now that actually sounds like a great idea.

Back