What is your cell phone ring? (NA)

I've got the theme to 'The Unit'.

And you don't have to pay. Just go grab a utility like Tone This, or another program from download.com to convert your mp3s

One of my 99s friends had one that would playback your recording. another 99 nabbed it and said "Marina, answer the *&^&((^&%&% phone" pretty loudly. that was funny. she didn't keep it for too long though.
I remember that! :yes:

I just have the boring old default LG tones. For my email, OTOH, I have the Star Trek Communicator sound Scott mentioned, and if the server monitoring software sends me an alert email it does the Red Alert sound.

A boring but rather musical electronic tone that resembles neither a song nor any other part of modern pop culture.

The best ring tone I've ever heard is an Mp3 of pre-electronic-era telephone ringing. That I could get into ;)

The best ring tone I've ever heard is an Mp3 of pre-electronic-era telephone ringing. That I could get into ;)
My Sony Ericsson T610 had that ring and I loved it! Ahhh, a good ol' mechanical bell ringer! Unfortunately, they got rid of it on the S710a, but happy happy joy joy it's back on my newly acquired K550i !!!

Although, I gotta admit, the Star Trek red alert sound is a great idea.

-Rich

I remember that! :yes:

I just have the boring old default LG tones. For my email, OTOH, I have the Star Trek Communicator sound Scott mentioned, and if the server monitoring software sends me an alert email it does the Red Alert sound.

I had the red alert on my old phone, that was used for voicemail.

A friend has the CTU ring tone from "24". He needs a life.

Cheers,

-Andrew

A boring but rather musical electronic tone that resembles neither a song nor any other part of modern pop culture.

a consultant here had that. pretty nifty actually.

Not necessarily -- that ring tone came pre-installed on our Cisco 7940 IP phones here at work.

-Rich

Hmm. That's OK. It's when you purposefully put it on your nextel that it's annoying.

Cheers,

-Andrew

I use a ring that came with the phone. It's called nostalgia and it sounds just like the old fashioned telephone ring.

I just use whats in the phone...ancient LG VX4400. I'd like to get something new as the phone is slowly dying, but none of the newer phones have an address book in them. They just have spots for phone/fax/email... My LG has a spot to put addresses in it along with all the numbers you can think of, attached to the same name entry. And I'm too damned cheap to get one of them PDA phones, which are the only ones that have an address book in em. grrrrrr.....

I just use whats in the phone...ancient LG VX4400. I'd like to get something new as the phone is slowly dying, but none of the newer phones have an address book in them. They just have spots for phone/fax/email... My LG has a spot to put addresses in it along with all the numbers you can think of, attached to the same name entry. And I'm too damned cheap to get one of them PDA phones, which are the only ones that have an address book in em. grrrrrr.....

Hmm...most if not all Nokia phones have the option to add an address as well as an email address.

Hmm...most if not all Nokia phones have the option to add an address as well as an email address.

Almost all phones have that now. Motorola has had since analog day for the very first version of SMS that only one carrier bought and then deployed in only one market. Pac Bell then ripped it out because it wasn't used enough after having it in for, get this, two months. DUH!

My last three Motorola phones had address books. You can also sync them with Outlook with the right software and cable. But I like the PDA phone better.

Paulie Walnuts, which I *cough* acquired from a certain company's web site. Never mess with a geek with a Mac.

I played it for my Italian barber to find if "Fa Napola" is dirty.

Attachments

• Pauly - On the Can.mp3
    109 KB · Views: 9
Normal ring. Never understood the desire to spend money on f-ing ring tones.

Money? Hah. I just send an MP3 file over via Bluetooth.

Currently, it's the intro to Sound Scientist by bill. Distinctive and very audible without being annoying.

Thread diversion, but just out of curiosity... am I the only dinosaur out there that keeps the damn thing off, and only uses it for outgoing calls?

Dan

Thread diversion, but just out of curiosity... am I the only dinosaur out there that keeps the damn thing off, and only uses it for outgoing calls?

Dan

I considered my very first cell phone to be just about perfect. The ringer didn't work. I could make calls but couldn't receive any calls.

I never saw any reason to get it fixed.:D

Ed, I'm with you.

Ring tones -- ugh.

When my wife calls:
WARNING; WARNING; It's The Wife; It's The Wife

I get some pretty strange looks from my friends, but hey, my wife thinks it's cute.

Just changed my ringer to "Look on the Bright Side of Life" From the Monty Python and the "Life of Brian"

So there you are big noses! ;)

I like the Galaxy song.

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving and revolving at 900 miles an hour...

Mine is just a "ring".

I've been trying to find either the "In Like Flint" mobile phone ringtone, or the simple "beep beep" from the Star Trek communicators.

In a cell ring tone, for me less is more.

Every time my phone rings it makes me giggle. I have Hips Don't Lie by Shakira. What is yours?

Back