What is wrong with this?

sballmer

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Stefan
I was early for a commercial flight from PSC. The TSA line was still closed - they took a lunch break. With nothing to do, I stroll over to the FAA tower, watching a GA airplane doing T/Gs through the fence. I chat with the controller who was taking a break. Just a nice Saturday.

Then I go through security, and start working in the terminal area, waiting for my flight to board. An airport police officer walks up to me, demanding to see my ID, because I was apparenty looking suspicious to somebody. Really? Is that were we are these days? Watching some landing through the fence and talking to a controller is suspicious activity? No wonder GA is shrinking...

It is that "see something, say something" mantra they keep stuffing people's ears with and bs shows like ABC's "What Would You Do" that encourages everyone to be nosy busibodies. Most people have no clue what might constituit a real issue or just nosy neighbor behavior. The glut of video phones have only made things worse.

The question I have is "what did you do?"
A. told the airport officer that he's not a real police officer and insult him on any level available
B. told the officer that you have no obligation to ID yourself since you have not done anything
C. showed the officer your pilot license to shut him up
D. threw a tantrum and ended up in jail as a terrorist

:)

Back