What is this?

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
Looks like someone really banged this Super Cub up. But what is this bullet looking thing?

supercub.jpg

Looks like those air sampling things that people get paid to use....can't remember the name, but the EPA pays pilots to take air samples with 'em.

It is the air filter the supercub has a cylintrical paper filter with a metal dome with a long bolt run thru it to hold it onto the duct.

I change them every annual.

Nice prop :(

Attachments

• 4ZENGINE.jpg
    4ZENGINE.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Roger's aircraft 013.jpg
    Roger's aircraft 013.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Roger's aircraft 029.jpg
    Roger's aircraft 029.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Here is a cropped picture I shot at the airport. This is a Super Cub used for banner towing, and it flies without a cowling. (And am I remembering right... an extra oil cooler, an STC, or something?) Anyway you can see the size of the "bullet" here.

Attachments

• supercub_nocowl.jpg
    supercub_nocowl.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 42
Is that the new reverse q-tip prop?

Get a bar about 6 feet long, and a couple "C" clamps and pull them tips back into position, and flyer home.

Get a bar about 6 feet long, and a couple "C" clamps and pull them tips back into position, and flyer home.

Been there, done that with a cropduster that ran off the end of the runway. But we used a couple of 2x12s and some ratchet straps. Errr... I mean I have HEARD of that being done. ;)

Here is a cropped picture I shot at the airport. This is a Super Cub used for banner towing, and it flies without a cowling. (And am I remembering right... an extra oil cooler, an STC, or something?) Anyway you can see the size of the "bullet" here.

thats fascinating Kate, ive never heard of that being done. Sure would help the CHT's I suppose.

thats fascinating Kate, ive never heard of that being done. Sure would help the CHT's I suppose.

When my dad pulled banners in Florida with SuperCubs they pulled the cowling off.

Back