What is this gasket/seal called?

Indiana_Pilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Flying "B"
I have looked through the parts manual and online and cannot seam to find what this is called. It is the rubber seal that is between the cowl and the air filter box on my 66' 180C. It needs replaced and my Mechanic said he would happily do this during my next oil change. I told I would just order the part and have it ready.. I figured it would be easy!!!! :mad2: What is it and where do I get it ?

IMG_0696_zpsp3r0j3co.jpg

Last edited:
ok.. I changed the hosting to photobucket.. I guess it doesn't like my SSL cert from my server...

Last edited:
sheet of baffle material and cut to fit? what say ye A&P's?

He said there was a piece I could order... I was just curious what it was called? intake baffle? Maybe I should have just asked him for the part number or had him order it... I was trying to be pro-active.

So I had it replaced.. It seems to help.. I guess this seal kind of "inflates" to the air filter box as the air begins to flow? It doesn't attach to the air filter box in anyway and is really soft rubber so it appears it flaps open when in use.. It runs really well with it in.. Anyone else ever replace one of these? Is it made to flap closed when there is no air flow?
ff0d56f26a2dd2e13abda2a9ceece831.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back