What is this fastener?

NordicDave

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
NordicDave
Hi POA Brain trust!

What is the part number or name of this slip-on tinnerman nut for Adel style clamps?

IMG_1986.jpeg

It's a Tinnerman clamp, the clamp comes with the speed nut attached, but you could probably get pretty close using an adel clamp and a clip-nut. I've got an old Tinnerman catalog somewhere with part numbers, I'll see what I can find, but just searching on Tinnerman Clamp might turn up something for you.

ETA: This might get you closer: https://www.boltproducts.com/tinnerman-tube-harness-hose-clamps-p-2620.html

Nauga,
and his locknut launchers

Last edited:
Wow, that would sure make things easier when you have two Adel clamps together...

U type Tinnermans work fine. Or for machine screws use a floating clip nut.

Hi POA Brain trust!

What is the part number or name of this slip-on tinnerman nut for Adel style clamps?

View attachment 115393
There's one of them lost on my hangar floor somewhere. Your welcome to come look for it and if you find it, it's yours! lol

I was able to make a u tinnerman nut work.
081.JPG

Wow, that would sure make things easier when you have two Adel clamps together...
I have a tool made just for that. One of my coworkers saw one and made one for each of us. Looks like this:

proxy-image

And it works like this:

proxy-image

Or this:

proxy-image

Stab the awl through the clamp holes, then use the tool to draw the clamp shut. Pull the awl and insert the hardware.

Can't make one? Buy it: https://www.aircraftspruce.ca/catalog/topages/installatinoPliers.php

Note: that's the Canadian store. The US store will have it, as does Wicks aircraft.

Is that a zip tie on your engine mount? Shame shame…
I knew you would see it. My AP IA put that there as Asked him to safety wire everything and he did the spark plug leads. I didn’t say anything to him about it but removed them after he left July 2020 when I installed the the motor. I have been zip tie free since then .
There was about 6 of them when I took the old engine off. Probably put there by the same AP.
I even replaced those metal factory clamps with rubber adel clamps. Pictures later on when I go to hangar as I have the cowl off for a 500 hr mag inspection. I put 500 on that engine since July 2020.

I like mine. Simple, effective & cheap!

Attachments

• 20210727_152516_resized.jpg
    20210727_152516_resized.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210727_152602_resized.jpg
    20210727_152602_resized.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 36
Back