What is the process once your files have become scanned?

Chris Charanza

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Chris
So I've posted here from time to time about my medical journey and I've seen some mention about this topic but haven't really seen a detailed description of it. Does anyone know the process once your files have been scanned into the system. In my case the neuropsychologist I had seen for the cogscreen/neuropsychological exam stated that even though I was working with an AME that he would also be sending my results direct to the FAA (which he did). This brings me to my other question-my neuropsychological eval/cogscreen got to the FAA before the rest of my file, which included my sleep study, cpap data, initial status report and a note from my doctor about my bp med and my bp being good etc.. Well the psychologist also sent my AME the report so it along with everything they had been waiting for went to them at a later date and everything has been scanned as of July 8th (although there are duplicates of the cogscreen now). What I'm trying to figure out is At what point do they mark your file as ready to be reviewed? and after that do you get in line again behind everyone else or is it sort of inserted in the cue because you're already in the system? I'm not expecting anything quickly as much as I want to be sure that now that everything is there that it will be moving at some point.

I’m not exactly sure. I had to have the cogscreen because of a previous ADHD diagnoses (insert adderral script here I also had taken Xanax for a “situational anxiety” disorder) in the letter from 2013 they addressed the ADHD and the situational anxiety disorder at the same time asking me to see the neuropsychologist for the testing ,they’ve never once mentioned a psychiatrist and I hope they don’t and I told the AME back in 2013 I had sleep apnea and my BP was high thus the letter from my doctor about that. In the original denial from 2013 the FAA wanted the cogscreen / neuropsychological report as well as a sleep study and the initial status report and now they have everything they asked for along with the new exam from the AME. The AME is a HIMS AME but as far as it being a HIMS case I really don’t know.

In the report from the neuropsychologist he noted ADHD in remission and anxiety in remission and no aeromedicaly significant findings and no further testing needed for what it’s worth.

I’m not exactly sure. I had to have the cogscreen because of a previous ADHD diagnoses (insert adderral script here I also had taken Xanax for a “situational anxiety” disorder) in the letter from 2013 they addressed the ADHD and the situational anxiety disorder at the same time asking me to see the neuropsychologist for the testing ,they’ve never once mentioned a psychiatrist and I hope they don’t and I told the AME back in 2013 I had sleep apnea and my BP was high thus the letter from my doctor about that. In the original denial from 2013 the FAA wanted the cogscreen / neuropsychological report as well as a sleep study and the initial status report and now they have everything they asked for along with the new exam from the AME. The AME is a HIMS AME but as far as it being a HIMS case I really don’t know.

In the report from the neuropsychologist he noted ADHD in remission and anxiety in remission and no aeromedicaly significant findings and no further testing needed for what it’s worth.

im unsure as to the HIMS case because I’ve always thought HIMS was for issues related to drug & alcohol abuse and this really isn’t that, to me.

It doesn't sound like a HIMS case. Once all requested info is in your file, FAA staff sends it to the docs. Your case goes to the back of the line of all cases for review. Your AME can inquire of its status and ensure all info has been received.

It doesn't sound like a HIMS case. Once all requested info is in your file, FAA staff sends it to the docs. Your case goes to the back of the line of all cases for review. Your AME can inquire of its status and ensure all info has been received.

Well hopefully with my AME sending everything in they'll realize that everything is now there since the Cogscreen/Neuropsychological was there a month before all the other stuff was. I know it's going to take a while but maybe i'll call my AME once a month or something to check on it. I just don't want it to just sit there because they think i'm still waiting on something.

I'll also call him tomorrow to have him get in touch with them to ensure they aren't missing anything I guess. The logical part of me would think that when the AME sends in a whole bunch of paperwork and it covers everything you needed before that it would be a complete file but I know bureaucracies probably don't work that way.

I'll also call him tomorrow to have him get in touch with them to ensure they aren't missing anything I guess. The logical part of me would think that when the AME sends in a whole bunch of paperwork and it covers everything you needed before that it would be a complete file but I know bureaucracies probably don't work that way.
I have a similar timeline. My cog screen psy. and neuro eval. was scanned on the 30th of June. on medexpress it shows "transmitted". Talked to OKC yesterday they said my file was sent to DC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back