What is the FAA call sign for Aer Lingus?

nddons

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Stan
My daughter is flying Aer Lingus to Dublin. If I wanted to hear clearance, ground, tower, and departure at ORD on the handheld comm (yes, I'm a dork) what should I listen for? (i.e. Republic = "Brickyard")

My daughter is flying Aer Lingus to Dublin. If I wanted to hear clearance, ground, tower, and departure at ORD on the handheld comm (yes, I'm a dork) what should I listen for? (i.e. Republic = "Brickyard")

Shamrock

if you place your computer mouse over the flight IDENT name on the first column of FlightAware, it shows the call name that airline uses.

Example, at ORD now,.. in the arrival column

GJS7368 --> GoJet Airlines "Lindbergh"

What is "Waterski"? I hear that a lot in the Carolina's.

Never mind. Trans World Express. Shoulda looked at the link first. D'oh.

So, what would they call it if Aer Lingus flew Connies?

Never mind. Trans World Express.

From Wikipedia:

The call sign "Waterski" and the ICAO 3-letter identifier "LOF," which stands for 'Lodge of the Four Seasons', are from the early days when the company was operated as Resort Air and took visitors to the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri.

From Wikipedia:

The call sign "Waterski" and the ICAO 3-letter identifier "LOF," which stands for 'Lodge of the Four Seasons', are from the early days when the company was operated as Resort Air and took visitors to the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri.

I was thinking maybe it was a "Chalks" type of 135 operation. Apparently at one time it was. Very cool to know "the rest of the story" as Paul Harvey would have said. Thanks.

SeaPort Airlines, which flies Pilatus PC-12's on scheduled service between SEA and PDX and elsewhere, uses the callsign "Sasquatch".

Guess it's better than being called "Bigfoot" ... :skeptical:

SeaPort Airlines, which flies Pilatus PC-12's on scheduled service between SEA and PDX and elsewhere, uses the callsign "Sasquatch".

Guess it's better than being called "Bigfoot" ... :skeptical:

For a brief time some twenty years ago UPS callsign was "Browntail".

Doesn't have anything to do with Aer Lingus, but it reminds me of a story from work the other day about callsigns. We had a new controller working a high sector with a CPZ5879 handoff about to enter the airspace. She missed the check on of "compass 58-79" so she asked this other controller what the callsign was. He told her "chimpanzee". I'm not kidding, she said over the radio "chimpanzee 58-79 Atlanta center roger" We all lost it and she was corrected by the pilot soon after.

Never mind. Trans World Express. Shoulda looked at the link first. D'oh.

I think Trans World Express is anachronistic. "Waterski" is Trans States Airlines. After TWA was bought by American, TSA was spun off to join Eagle and Chautauqua providing the "regional" lift that was once done by TWE.

Back