What is the closest airport to Longwood Gardens?

I live about 6 miles from Longwood. The closest airport is New Garden (N57). Two other options are Wilmington (ILG) and Brandywine (N99) in West Chester.

Longwood is really worth the visit. Plan on at least 1 1/2 hours to see it.

Ben,

I used to be based at N57, New Garden. Nice airport and definitely closest to Longwood Gardens. My parents used to drag me there as a kid, (the garden, not the airport) so I get the shakes when I get near there. Had to move the plane to N47, then ultimatley FTG. :)

Oh yeah, and there's a neat collection of classic aircraft at N57, in the museum there. All owned my Lex Dupont including a Grumman Wildcat that he still flies. Yes THAT Dupont.

RE New Garden...private owner is trying to sell to township with agreement that it is to remain an airport...township wants to make an airport industrial zone...residents don't want their tax money spent on the project...check

www.dailylocal.com

front page story in today's print edition.

Len

Kelly said:
I live about 6 miles from Longwood. The closest airport is New Garden (N57). Two other options are Wilmington (ILG) and Brandywine (N99) in West Chester.

Longwood is really worth the visit. Plan on at least 1 1/2 hours to see it.

Agree. Particularly in December when it's decorated for the holidays. First Luray, now Longwood Gardens, Ben? You're really scheduling some nice day trips!

Oh, the passengers are deciding, here. They changed from Longwood to Luray.

Back