What is an alcohol incident?

S

Scared little man

What is considered an alcohol incident? Not talking about a dui/dwi and with no BAC test given? Say a psychiatrist who saw you for only three weeks involuntary said you sent a drunken email that got you in trouble with your school but in reality it was actually cannabis 21+ legal state (I know state law doesn’t matter to the faa but thought more info would help) And the dr you had before and after the email who you had been a patient of for 15 years went as far as to say in his report that you had no substance abuse history. You compile some people you have known for almost your whole life: parents, grandparents, people like that who said you have never had a problem with alcohol would you need to submit to alcohol testing during a hims program or just drugs? No history of any of the hard stuff. If so would you have to be tested for alcohol for ever? I know you would for pot

When did you see the psychiatrist? Were you ever diagnosed with a psychiatric condition? Are you going for your initial medical certification or do you already have a medical?

Cannabis and Alcohol are treated equally by FAA, except there is no BAC so it is treated as if the "BAC" were > 0.15. It calls out for an evaluation.
Trouble is, weed and aviation are incompatible despite legality on the ground in many states.

Like it or not, Any recorded credible use of weed is "an incident". And it will alwayis be called to light as 18(m) is always “yes” whence you have a pscyhiatry diagnosis such as you have, per your description. FAA will demand this record.

Last edited:
Cannabis and Alcohol are treated eqully by FAA, ecept there is no BAC so it is treated as if the "BAC" were > 0.15. It calls out for an evaluation.
Trouble is, weed and aviation are incompatible despite legaily on the gorund is many state.

Like it or not, Any recored credible use of weed is "an incident". And it will alwayis be called to light as 18(m) is alwyas yies whence you have pscyhiatry diagnosis such as have, per your description. FAA will demand his record.
I understand it’s a cannabis incident and that would require indefinite testing. What would an evaluation be for alcohol? If I had credible witness that said I did not have an alcohol problem and I openly discuss and admit to it being cannabis and not alcohol what else would I need to provide to prove the record was incorrect? would I still have to do regular testing for alcohol? If so for how long? I’m assuming it would be both doctors and every record for my whole life. Ive been seeing this as VERY long (10 yearish) process before my post. I really was not drinking when this happened what would I need to have to prove that? At this point I’m trying to prove it was only a cannabis thing. After the incident I received 6 months of rehabilitation after which I only smoked weed once every two months in extremely small amounts (I’m guessing that makes it substance dependence) and have had totally abstinence (by my own choice) for two years. So at this point I’m trying to make it only a cannabis and cannabis induced mental illness problem not alcohol. From reading other people’s post on this medical forum its going to be a 5-10 year proses unless new guidelines or changes have acured. The dr I saw for 15 years has cancer and wrote in his report before he retired that I had no auditory or visual symptoms. I have a new one who believes I was missed diagnosed as schizoeffective bipolar type (I know that’s a big deal) and is working with me to get a misdiagnosis as he believes it was marijuana induced dilutions (recently added to the spectrum) and what was perceived to be mania was actually high levels of anxiety not schizeoeffect bipolar type. From what I have read from other people’s posts it’s AT LEAST a 10 year proses. Unless there are SIGNIFICANT changes to the SI process from legislation.

I'll bet those persons are not not conversant in part 67 definitions. So you get evaluated by one who is.....

If I were you and you just want to fly for fun go with sport pilot. It looks like with new legislation you’ll have access to a little bit larger aircraft. If you are trying to do this professionally you could still go sport pilot while you work out getting a few years of monitoring under your belt. The hours will still count towards your total time later on. I think if you are trying to get a medical certificate it’s going to be a long and annoying path.

Cannabis and Alcohol are treated eqully by FAA, ecept there is no BAC so it is treated as if the "BAC" were > 0.15. It calls out for an evaluation.
Trouble is, weed and aviation are incompatible despite legaily on the gorund is many state.

Like it or not, Any recored credible use of weed is "an incident". And it will alwayis be called to light as 18(m) is alwyas yies whence you have pscyhiatry diagnosis such as have, per your description. FAA will demand his record.
Speaking of alcohol or weed,
I don't believe I have ever read a post of yours with more typos.
I sincerely hope you are having a good time and not flying in the next 8 hours.

Or perhaps you are typing on a new smart phone and the AI spell check has failed you.

I understand it’s a cannabis incident and that would require indefinite testing. What would an evaluation be for alcohol? If I had credible witness that said I did not have an alcohol problem and I openly discuss and admit to it being cannabis and not alcohol what else would I need to provide to prove the record was incorrect? would I still have to do regular testing for alcohol? If so for how long? I’m assuming it would be both doctors and every record for my whole life. Ive been seeing this as VERY long (10 yearish) process before my post. I really was not drinking when this happened what would I need to have to prove that? At this point I’m trying to prove it was only a cannabis thing. After the incident I received 6 months of rehabilitation after which I only smoked weed once every two months in extremely small amounts (I’m guessing that makes it substance dependence) and have had totally abstinence (by my own choice) for two years. So at this point I’m trying to make it only a cannabis and cannabis induced mental illness problem not alcohol. From reading other people’s post on this medical forum its going to be a 5-10 year proses unless new guidelines or changes have acured. The dr I saw for 15 years has cancer and wrote in his report before he retired that I had no auditory or visual symptoms. I have a new one who believes I was missed diagnosed as schizoeffective bipolar type (I know that’s a big deal) and is working with me to get a misdiagnosis as he believes it was marijuana induced dilutions (recently added to the spectrum) and what was perceived to be mania was actually high levels of anxiety not schizeoeffect bipolar type. From what I have read from other people’s posts it’s AT LEAST a 10 year proses. Unless there are SIGNIFICANT changes to the SI process from legislation.
@ScaredLittleMan: I am not going to read a wall of text such as quoted here. It indicates to me that you cannot parse your thoughts into cogent paragraphs, either from lack of education or the effects of drugs.

Please try again using paragraphs and other relevant punctuation. It seems as if you have something to say, and I would like to read it. Skip Miller

Back