What is a Trimble GPS Map 110 UniCard (Thrift store find)

iKokomo

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
iKokomo
I am not a pilot (yet, but I want to be one day!) but I was just wondering exactly what this was? I found a Casio Z-7000 with a Trimble GPS Map 110 UniCard Moving Map Systems for Pilots. I know that it is an older piece of aviation tech, but I was just wondering exactly what it does?

Also, there is a problem with the unit, The Casio Z-7000 seems to work well without the GPS card inserted, however, when I place the GPS card in the unit (I replaced the battery in the card) the unit freezes and does not respond to any inputs. I remove the card and all works great.

Thanks for your help!!

Attachments

• DSC_0927.jpeg
    DSC_0927.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_0935.jpeg
    DSC_0935.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 28
Looks like an old PDA with GPS card. Most likely you have to load the Trimble software onto the device before it'll recognize the card. Where you can get software for an obsolete device like that, I have no idea.

When the great grand kids show you how they navigate by thought with an iRing, break this out and talk about the early 90's.

Best used when retelling the story how you had to walk to school both ways up hill in the snow. :7)

Last edited:
Even if you got that to work, the database is 25 years old. At best it would be a conversation piece. It would Not be something to navigate with reliability

Back