what is a courtesy car?

Flew into Milledgeville GA a few times for our high school's basketball tournament, they have an old blue Dodge minivan that shakes rattles and rolls, but it's free and makes it a breeze to get to the games.:D last time we flew in, we called ahead and told them we were coming, they said they might be closed, so they left the key in the floor.:D we got there before closing and bought fuel.:D

BTDT! No air conditioning in that old van either!

They had a fleet of crew cars (brand new) at Monterey Jet Center. They gave me the keys, I asked if I should put gas in it and they said no, and they didn't care how far I went or how long I was gone. Due to weather, I came back early, but they were open until 10pm.

They had a fleet of crew cars (brand new) at Monterey Jet Center. They gave me the keys, I asked if I should put gas in it and they said no, and they didn't care how far I went or how long I was gone. Due to weather, I came back early, but they were open until 10pm.

I've got at least half a dozen shirts from those guys. Nice FBO.

I've got at least half a dozen shirts from those guys. Nice FBO.

And I have a nifty chapstick in my flight bag from them that says Monterey Jet Center. They had other cool stuff to give away but I didn't want to take advantage.

yeah i reckon a friend of mine who is aviation used a courtesy car to meet up with me for a short lunch when he was in the country after a flight. i think that you gas up for it though it has certain rules on how long or how far you can use it depending on the company that owns them. lucky for him though that there were no rules on distances exactly but then he had to return it after a certain period of time so we just had a short lunch date

I hear you also loan out other people's cars too :rofl:

Actually, it's up to the individual fly-in guest which of the 40 cars parked at the airport (almost all with the keys under the mat) they choose to "steal". :lol:

We recommend using the ones that say "Amelia's Landing Hotel" on the door magnets... :D

Back