What have I done?

HPNFlyGirl

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
I just signed up for my 1st 5K walk/run. I have never done anything like this before. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. I do feel more energized all of a sudden. :yes: :D

Good going, Brook! 5k is easy; you'll have no problems with it...

(unless, of course, you have to eat a bunch of Krispy Kremes during)

Last edited:
Hah hah hah. No Krispie Kremes this time. Maybe one day I will walk/run in the Krispie Kreme Challenge. Baby steps. Heh heh.

Brook- 5K is about 3 miles... The average adult walks 3 mph... so unless you are planning on training for the run, just take 1-2 bottles of water, wear really good walking shoes. You might want to spend some time each day walking around your neighborhood, to allow your body to get used to walking for extended periods, if you already aren't.

But most of all, have fun doing it, and congrats (in advance)! Sometimes it helps to find a couple of friends to do it with you. It'll make the time go even faster!

Brook- 5K is about 3 miles... The average adult walks 3 mph... so unless you are planning on training for the run, just take 1-2 bottles of water, wear really good walking shoes. You might want to spend some time each day walking around your neighborhood, to allow your body to get used to walking for extended periods, if you already aren't.

But most of all, have fun doing it, and congrats (in advance)! Sometimes it helps to find a couple of friends to do it with you. It'll make the time go even faster!

Thanks Rick. I just bought a camelback. One kinda like this:

http://www.camelbak.com/sports-recreation/hydration-packs/magic.aspx

I've been walking on the treadmill at the gym too. Hopefully it will pay off.

Congrats, Brook! I'm confident you'll exceed your own expectations. :cheerswine:

Last edited:
I just signed up for my 1st 5K walk/run. I have never done anything like this before. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. I do feel more energized all of a sudden. :yes: :D

Hey, Brook...When is it? Maybe I can come and walk with you.:D

I did that, too, a few months back -- the run part. Almost killed my self, but made it thru. It was for charity and was fun. As the oldest entrant, you can guess that I'm probably a few months older than you, so you should do fine. ((( If I can do it, so can you )))
Don't sweat the small stuff. Have fun:cheerswine:

I did that, too, a few months back -- the run part. Almost killed my self, but made it thru. It was for charity and was fun. As the oldest entrant, you can guess that I'm probably a few months older than you, so you should do fine. ((( If I can do it, so can you )))
Don't sweat the small stuff. Have fun:cheerswine:

Awesome on your run. I just plan on walking some and jogging some. So...hopefully that wont be too bad.

I tried (unsuccessfully) to fake an injury this morning when Beth made me get up at 5:30 to walk down to the Perkiomen trail (in the dark) to then go running. It's a mile away so by the time I realized that she wasn't going to buy the fact that I had gone blind in my sleep, we walked down to the trail and and jogged for a spell. Must've been about 72 miles even though the gps said 4.2. I bet it's broke though! Have fun on your run!

You won't have a problem with it. A couple of years ago I did my first 5K, and 18 months later I did my first half marathon. You'll be surprised at what you can do. Just remember if it starts getting hard, don't give up! :)

YAY!!!! I FINISHED!!!!! 1:08:27 I finished dead last but hey...at least I FINISHED!!!!! :-D Felt really good. Now I am really sore. Going to take a nap now. I am so sore. Had a nice long nap this afternoon.

Good job!

I'm very happy for you. I love to hear about people taking a step in the right direction of health/fitness.

Don't stop now, though! Commit yourself now to another one.

Congrats!

Congratulations Brook! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Give me more notice next time and maybe I can go with you...:smile:

Great job, Brooke! I did my first 5K on Thanksgiving of last year. I'm currently training to do my first half-marathon this coming January! Keep up the good work!

Back