What form?

kevin47881

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Time to fly!
Good day ladies and gentlemen. First, thanks to all who helped with my prior thread regarding the PA28-180.
Now, I need to complete a form for the insurance company showing total time and time in each type. I assume this is the same form number I completed when I took my ppl check ride.
Does anyone know the form number? I checked the FAA website but was unsuccessful.
Regards,

Good day ladies and gentlemen. First, thanks to all who helped with my prior thread regarding the PA28-180.
Now, I need to complete a form for the insurance company showing total time and time in each type. I assume this is the same form number I completed when I took my ppl check ride.
Does anyone know the form number? I checked the FAA website but was unsuccessful.
Regards,

The one you filled out for your Private was the FAA form 8710. However, I doubt that's what the insurance company wants, as it doesn't show anything about time in type.

I'd contact the insurance company directly and ask them what exactly they want. They may even have the desired form on their web site.

I have filled out quite a few insurance forms for flying my a/c. There have been two different ways I was asked to provide the pilot info.

One is they asked me to just write or type it on a piece of paper and fax or mail it to them [after they'd asked me over the phone a few facts such as TT and time in make/model]. [In order for them to know right up front whether they even want me as a customer, I think.]

The other way is they send or fax me a form of their own into which they want me to plug in pilot times as well as ratings/certificates held, date and class of medical, date of most recent flight review and make/model used for the flight portion.

In the first instance, the more informal piece of paper, I believe that every time, they've followed up with forms which ask for the same info. If they are not providing you with a form, just write the stuff down and send it with whatever other stuff you're asked to provide. Believe me, they'll get back to you.

On the other hand, you can short-circuit things and call the broker/agent and ask them how they'd like you to do it.

One is they asked me to just write or type it on a piece of paper and fax or mail it to them [after they'd asked me over the phone a few facts such as TT and time in make/model].

Also, they generally will not want you to split things up by PA28-161, PA28-181, PA28-180, etc. For the most part, they'll want the total time in PA28's, period. The main exception is if you're trying to get insured in a retract, they'll want to know how much of that PA28 time was in an Arrow.

That's right, and they also will want time in make/model if you are insuring a higher performance airplane such as a Baron or Pilatus or etc. Otherwise, there is no need to break any of it down.

By the way, I insure a Baron, and they have recently begun asking me, each year when I renew, how many hours I have flown the Baron specifically. That year.

Back