What fool holds a conference in Chicago now?

Cap'n Jack

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cap'n Jack
Just got back from the Pittsburgh Conference (Scientific equipment, mostly analytical methods. It started in Pittsburgh, PA a long time ago, outgrew the convention center, but kept the name).

It took me 2 days to get there from Lincoln, NE because of canceled flights, and 2 days to get back for the same reason. Spent the night in O'hare last night with some colleagues. United also lost my suitcase on the way home. I'd have been better off driving- it's only 6-8 hours.

You'd think they would know about Chicago (and midwest) wx and schedule it a little later in the year.

You might have spent a long time driving back too- I-80 was closed in western Iowa till mid day Saturday. I think your conference was just a week too early this year, next week looks pretty nice with highs getting into the mid 50's.

You're in Lincoln? Me too. Where do you fly out of?

RT

I fly out of Millard- only place I know where I can rent a C-172. Nothing against Pipers- they train people in Cessnas on the east coast. I'll get checked out in a Piper one of these days.

United found my suitcase- and delivered it at 0030 this morning. You read right- 12:30 AM CST. They didn't want to wait until later today.

I fly out of Millard- only place I know where I can rent a C-172. Nothing against Pipers- they train people in Cessnas on the east coast. I'll get checked out in a Piper one of these days.

I keep my homebuilt at Crete. Been based there for a few years. Check
it out sometime. They don't have a 172 .. but they've got a 150, a couple
Cherokee 180s and an Arrow for rent.

RT

Back