What effect will the medical reform have on..

Pinstriper

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Pinstriper
The cost of aircraft? Will the price of light sports plummet? Will the C150's or 172's be more valuable?

There might have been a big effect if the 3rd class medical was eliminated but I doubt this version will have a huge effect on price and availability of certain aircraft.

There might have been a big effect if the 3rd class medical was eliminated but I doubt this version will have a huge effect on price and availability of certain aircraft.

I really hate the fact that this very well may end up correct. Truly, I hope not, but at this moment I do not have high hopes.

Should have little effect on the light sport market the reform doesn't really address the LSA pilots needs.

I think it will be huge...But would kill light sport, but overall help GA in general...the only thing stopping me from really upgrading my Arrow or purchasing a bigger faster Airplane is I am only one condition away from losing a medical (No issues but who knows)...at 35 I would not worry, at 55 I do...I could give up IFR to fly on a DL if something came up.

The current text does not preclude IFR ops.

I think it will be huge...But would kill light sport, but overall help GA in general...the only thing stopping me from really upgrading my Arrow or purchasing a bigger faster Airplane is I am only one condition away from losing a medical (No issues but who knows)...at 35 I would not worry, at 55 I do...I could give up IFR to fly on a DL if something came up.

No it won't. You STILL have to pass through an initial 3rd class sieve to get into the game. This POS does absolutely nothing to resolve that gatekeeper.

So someone who has 40 years of Aviation with a class 3 needs to take a med to continue? We are not talking initial we are talking guys like me who own aircraft and hangers with disposable income who are reluctant to drop money on GA unless there is a return of time in years able to fly....I don't wont to have one of those ads where its lost medical need to sell my recently upgraded Airplane....just my take... maybe I am to practical...but just like some migrate to light sport as they age I would like to fly something that a little more substantial.

The current text does not preclude IFR ops.

I was under the impression it was VFR only. Though, there's been so many versions, I don't even bother to pay attention until it's an actual law/rule/whatever.

So someone who has 40 years of Aviation with a class 3 needs to take a med to continue? We are not talking initial we are talking guys like me who own aircraft and hangers with disposable income who are reluctant to drop money on GA unless there is a return of time in years able to fly....I don't wont to have one of those ads where its lost medical need to sell my recently upgraded Airplane....just my take... maybe I am to practical...but just like some migrate to light sport as they age I would like to fly something that a little more substantial.

As it is currently written. If you have a current class3 when it becomes law. You are good for 10 yrs. You will need to take and record taking, online recurring training on what could disqualify you and how to maintain your self certification.

As I read it, you still needed to see a doc every 10yrs.

There, there. No need to fret.

Once it becomes "law" we'll need to see at least two or three Chief Counsel interpretation letters to know what it really means. ;)

Who knows what The House will do (or not do) and then the Conference and the FAA?

Cheers

There, there. No need to fret.

Once it becomes "law" we'll need to see at least two or three Chief Counsel interpretation letters to know what they decide it really means. ;)

FTFY.

As it is currently written. If you have a current class3 when it becomes law. You are good for 10 yrs. You will need to take and record taking, online recurring training on what could disqualify you and how to maintain your self certification.

As I read it, you still needed to see a doc every 10yrs.

You need to read it again.

I was under the impression it was VFR only. Though, there's been so many versions, I don't even bother to pay attention until it's an actual law/rule/whatever.

It applies to flights that are flown either VFR or IFR, but not other flights that don't fall under either.

As currently proposed I don't think it's going to make a big difference. It might cause a short term depression.

Meh, my CTSW will fly just the same after this goes into effect, so I don't really care.

Back