What Drones

evapilotaz

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Drone airspace abuser
:dunno::dunno: If drones where such a hot seller for Christmas how come I havent seen any flying around other than my own? I expected to see swarms of drones flying. :dunno::dunno:

Obviously, you were in the wrong neighborhood.
We had 7 drones in the air simultaneously the day after Christmas at my house.
I was flying mine using FPV, and had to make an emergency landing on my neighbor's roof.
The kids were "drone racing". Lots of fun.

I saw a sign posted on a telephone pole in my neighborhood. Slowed to get a better look at the lost dog. It was a picture of a drone! with a phone number to call if you found it.

:dunno::dunno: If drones where such a hot seller for Christmas how come I havent seen any flying around other than my own? I expected to see swarms of drones flying. :dunno::dunno:

You live within 5 miles of an airport and the GPS Geofence program in the UAS has them locked down?

Just a thought.

You live within 5 miles of an airport and the GPS Geofence program in the UAS has them locked down?

Just a thought.

A problem with that. Not all drones come GPS enabled. As a result you can fly them any place you want. If you are a electronics geek, you can buy a GPS chipset, and GPS enable your own drone after the fact. Again, no problem flying anywhere.
The FAA registration process is a total waste of time, energy and money.

I'd say the vast majority of small drones don't have GPS. None of the racers the kids around here have use it. Just extra weight for devices designed to go fast.

Maybe it's geographical, but I don't know a single kid around here that doesn't have one (or more).

Strange though, even after registration, none have been arrested yet (and we're in the FRZ).

I live with in a Five mile radius of two Class D airports. I have taken my drone estimated 200 Ft the highest at my house. Yes the drone has GPS enabled.

No rule against flying within 5 miles of an airport. Two local airports in my area have RC models flying AT the airport.

However, the rules require that he contact the tower before flying.

And the "airport operator."

Point is, most people operating these have no clue as to the actual rules / guidance in place. They hear rumors about what they're suppose to do.

funny you say that. I was out in the yard with my son today, and we were flying his phantom 3. I said the same thing about not seeing anyone else out flying one after Christmas.

Remember don't trust your own eyeballs,

trust the media and the government,

drone are EVERYWHERE and they are out for your wives and children, oh the humanity! :rofl:

Back