What does the FAA make the toughest to get?

John Baker

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John Baker
A license to fly a drone, or a license to fly an airplane?

Are there different standards between public sector and the private sector?

What has the most likelihood of inadvertently killing someone on the ground, and airplane or a drone?

-John

No idea how hard it is to get a drone pilot license, but I suspect that with a remote pilot drone, it will have more hazard while an autonomous drone less.

A license to fly a drone, or a license to fly an airplane?

Are there different standards between public sector and the private sector?

What has the most likelihood of inadvertently killing someone on the ground, and airplane or a drone?

-John

I wasn't aware the FAA was issuing Drone Operator certificates.

I wasn't aware the FAA was issuing Drone Operator certificates.

Sorry, I assumed they were. There are a lot of them flying around the San Diego area. One crashed a few miles off our coast a week or two ago. Someone must be operating them. Are you suggesting there is no FAA oversight on the operators of drones?

-John

Sorry, I assumed they were. There are a lot of them flying around the San Diego area. One crashed a few miles off our coast a week or two ago. Someone must be operating them. Are you suggesting there is no FAA oversight on the operators of drones?

-John

I think if you are operating them for pay you need a CPL and second class medical.

I think if you are operating them for pay you need a CPL and second class medical.

What if the drone operator is wearing a view limiting device and I am his safety pilot. Can I still log PIC?

What if the drone operator is wearing a view limiting device and I am his safety pilot. Can I still log PIC?

All drone pilots are wearing a view limiting limiting device, called a "video screen".

Since its the FAA/government we are talking about, it will probably be harder to get a Pilot's Certificate than a Drone certificate.

Sad....

David

If an aircraft is being flown by the government ('public use') then FAA pilot certificates are not required.

Back