What does the checkmark mean?

It means you have ‘Watch Thread’ enabled for that specific thread.

Oh. I don't remember doing that. So does something happen? Is it just there to remind me that I did it?
Pretty much. When you click ‘Watch Thread’ it will give you a notification when there is activity within that thread (a reply etc.) The check mark just indicates that you’re watching it.

Pretty much. When you click ‘Watch Thread’ it will give you a notification when there is activity within that thread (a reply etc.) The check mark just indicates that you’re watching it.
Oh. thx

slight correction: you can receive an email notification. But you can turn off the email notification

Oh. I don't remember doing that. So does something happen? Is it just there to remind me that I did it?
Its the "Force others to Watch" feature...some turn it on....if you swing that way.

FWIW, when you post, generally watch thread and receive emails is selected ... or at least that is my experience.

FWIW, when you post, generally watch thread and receive emails is selected ... or at least that is my experience.
"Watch thread" is selected by default when you post to that thread, unless you have disabled it on your Preferences page. (I don't remember whether receiving emails is a default setting or not.)

Back