What does POA think of the David Clark DC One-X?

texasclouds

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
They seem to get good reviews. I'm considering these vs the Bose A20.

https://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/d...MIx4Tp69X33gIVBrXACh1o9gUREAQYBCABEgIhA_D_BwE

dc_one-x_headset_lft_boom.jpeg

I love mine! I have two of them. My CFII has Zulu 2's, and 3's tried mine and said the One-X is way lighter and more comfortable. She is now buying a pair as well. You can't go wrong with them or with David Clark Customer Service.

I'll chime in with a +3. Mine have been flawless for the past 2 1/2 years.

I love mine. I have one, plus a Bose A20...the Bose it probably quieter, but I seem to hear ATC better with the DC, especially higher pitched voices.

+5 for the DC.

I inherited an A20 when I bought the Husky. Not as quiet and not nearly as comfortable as my One-X. So much so I am going to relegate the Bose to the back seat.
But once again, I think headset comfort, fit and preference is a very personal thing. What works for one person might be the opposite for someone else.

I have a pair that I like. They’re different from my Zulu 3’s, but I can’t describe how the sound is different. Sporty’s and Marv Golden will let you return them in under 30 days. Since every combination of head shape, ears, and airplane is different, you’ll only get the answer by trying for yourself.

I tried A20’s in the Bonanza and didn’t like them as well as the Zulus. The 185 makes different noises, tempting me to try the overpriced Bose again.

I had some DC ANR headsets in a DC helmet. That was a good combo since other headsets don’t play well in a DC helmet’s bonnet, but the DCs weren’t up to the Zulu 2 standard for ANR. I let them go. So did the friend who bought them from me, for the same reason. Not an argument, just a pirep.

I had some DC ANR headsets in a DC helmet. That was a good combo since other headsets don’t play well in a DC helmet’s bonnet, but the DCs weren’t up to the Zulu 2 standard for ANR. I let them go. So did the friend who bought them from me, for the same reason. Not an argument, just a pirep.
I think you're talking about the DC H10-13X, because those fit in the helmet. The One-X is a whole different animal, It's modern and does not fit in the helmet so I keep an older H10-20 around for the helmet.

That’s incorrect. I had the One-X and my local DC dealer did the headset fitting. The DC website says they work together so I don’t think it was difficult. Trying to fit Zulus into that helmet on the other hand.... not sucessful.

In my own experience what I like best is largely determined by what I’m used to. That probably applies to my thoughts of the DC vs Zulus. Little things like how the earcup material feels on my skin matter, too, especially in cold weather.

Back