What does a "Remote Pilot" certificate.........

kgruber

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Skywag
............do for me that I couldn't do without?

I know, for a fact, that in one (if not THE) biggest commercial drone operations, NOBODY has one. They do car commercials you see on TV and sports events.

You don’t need a license to start a car, do surgery, or make and sell ethanol in the US, but you’d better have one if anyone important demands to see it. So, in case that wasn’t helpful enough, try this: that remote pilot certificate can keep you out of trouble if you have it when the FAA requests you to produce it.

I know, for a fact, that in one (if not THE) biggest commercial drone operations, NOBODY has one. They do car commercials you see on TV and sports events.
You Tubers without the remote pilot certiicate who post drone video have suffered the wrath of the FAA in the way of expensive fines. You need the certificate if you realize any monetary benefit from the videos you post. Rather like a private pilot getting compensation for flying--need a commercial ticket.

rebel-without-a-cause-52722d4d8ab4b.jpg

You Tubers without the remote pilot certiicate who post drone video have suffered the wrath of the FAA in the way of expensive fines. You need the certificate if you realize any monetary benefit from the videos you post. Rather like a private pilot getting compensation for flying--need a commercial ticket.
You actually need the Part 107 drone license for any use of a drone which is not defined as purely recreational, whether you receive compensation or not. If your neighbor asks you to use your drone to help them find their dog, you need a license. If you are a pilot, there is a shortcut to obtaining your remote pilot license. I did it in three hours.

Humph...

How did you check?

Because they were at the airport shooting where I was the airport manager. I showed the lady there my remote pilot certificate and she was surprised and showed it to her hubsand who ran the show. They had never even seen one!
That's insane

Back