What do if airborne during alien invasion

Anymouse

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Total Stud Bush Pilot
No, I don't expect this to be a thing that ever happens but it's an interesting thing to think about.

Suppose I'm out in a typical single engine piston aircraft cruising along at a typical altitude... 4000-8000' or so. Suddenly I see a flash in the sky but, presumably, high enough that a mid-air intercept is avoidable.
What can I do to maximize my chance of survival? I'm thinking turn away immediately and go to full power in hopes that I can get far enough away so their blaster beams won't cause structural damage. Now I could push the nose down for more speed but presumably the blaster is dissipating outward from the mother ship so I might be descending through it at the same time. A climb would be the opposite dilemma... less speed but I'd be climbing away. Also, again presumably, flying away from the mother ship would reduce the relative impact of the blaster beam right? But when it hits would it potentially cause a structural failure and possibly a subsequent spin from the damage?

(yes I'm bored and drinking tea, discuss anyway).

I think Will Smith answered this for you in Independence Day. I think you should antagonize them, draw them away from society, get them to crash, then beat the snot out of the alien with your bare hands.

Any questions?

Watch for their tractor beams.

Finally, an intelligent thread to discuss....

Everyone knows that aliens have never encountered germs.... they will all die from the common cold....

Hey, wait a second. I thought Trump
had the whole alien thing figured out. His wall will fix it. Next topic?

Meh - turns out aliens are allergic either to water, or microbes, or sunlight, or pancakes, or other stuff.

Nice to know other people think about this kind of stuff. We're not alone, just really far apart.

I'm waking up to this.

I cannot believe no one has stated the obvious....

Pull the chute, man, pull the chute!!!

I think Will Smith answered this for you in Independence Day. I think you should antagonize them, draw them away from society, get them to crash, then beat the snot out of the alien with your bare hands.
Then yell, "WELCOME TA ERF!"

Nauga,
da erfling

Just make sure you always carry a Apple Powerbook 5300 with you. Amazing machines. Other than stopping Alien invasions (duh), you can also use them to stop a Volcano, rescue a Whale, and track down kidnappers.

upload_2017-8-20_8-10-50.png

Any questions?

giphy.gif

Once the border Wall is built an alien invasion will be impossible.

We have to start bombing those aliens now - you know, before they figure out the technology to get over the wall.

I heard they already figured out the steps and rails. Only thing left for them to discover would be that warning sign not to climb on the top step, and then there will nothing we can do to stop them.

Um... there is already a picture of an Alien Life Form.... and it knows how to use our high tech devices....

640full-alf-screenshot.jpg

Just make sure you always carry a Apple Powerbook 5300 with you. Amazing machines. Other than stopping Alien invasions (duh), you can also use them to stop a Volcano, rescue a Whale, and track down kidnappers.

View attachment 55701
Did every 90s movie use one? I'm guessing Dante's Peak, Free Willie and what kidnapper movie used one?

Actually Volcano (with Tommy Lee Jones), Free Willie 3, and Ransom (Mel Gibson).
I forgot all about Volcano and Ransom! Also I didn't know they made a Free Willie 3. I remember 1 and 2.

View attachment 55701

Take that apple powerbook use tcp/ip or appletslk to give the aliens mothership an earth virus. Maybe piggyback it off of the adsb out signal this time.

Land and find some locals and a ice cream truck with Barney painted on the outside. Proceed to to do gorilla warfare until you find a shiny intelligent beer can who will help you defeat the said aliens. This said beer can is also a huge ****ole.

^I'll be surprised if anyone knows the book series this came from. :D

Land and find some locals and a ice cream truck with Barney painted on the outside. Proceed to to do gorilla warfare until you find a shiny intelligent beer can who will help you defeat the said aliens. This said beer can is also a huge ****ole.

When I read Ice Cream truck I thought it was Killer Klowns from Outer Space but then you mentioned the beer can and said it's a book series.

During the last alien invasion they said the reason they were here is that klingons were circling uranus and their mission was to save mankind. They left cottonelle, tremendous stacks of cottonelle.

Finally, an intelligent thread to discuss....

Everyone knows that aliens have never encountered germs.... they will all die from the common cold....

Dang! You beat me to it.
Make frozen depleted uranium/snot bullets loaded with Rhinovirus and blast them back to oblivion.

I love those books. Waiting for the next one.
"We are Bob" is also a good series.

Back