what do I need to know about buying a new experimental airplane? redux

Crashnburn

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Crashnburn
I got through the original thread, but found it after it was closed to new posts, but wanted to post some thoughts.

First, I thought at first that Max Headroom was using an AI (Artificial Ignorance) program to troll us. I followed the provided link and he doesn't look nearly old enough to have done all the flying he said he has done 20 years ago. Also, if he's so smart, why couldn't he have found all the information you patient, patient, patient people provided him, on his own.

Maybe you couldn't tell him anything, but I certainly learned a lot. You might be flippant about a lot of things, but you are dead serious about trying to keep people from killing themselves in airplanes, esp. if you think they are taking IFR lightly, and especially VFR into IMC. Too bad you can't tell him anything, including the time. I did like your request to have a GoPro camera with floats. It should also probably have a PLB that's water activated, too.

Finally, considering the length of his posts toward the end, I wouldn't completely discount the AI program. One of those certainly could type very fast. Maybe Max Headroom is the aviation equivalent of Eliza.

On further thought, maybe he subconsciously wants to be the modern Amelia Earhart.

Also, he is investing his entire life savings in this plane, and has a minimal income. What happens when (not if) his plane needs major repairs? Especially if he's on some deserted island.

Last edited:
Back