What can we do about GAs image (a cross post)

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
I read the commentary at

http://www.aopa.org/

Enough is enough by Phil.

And thought he was preaching to the choir here. but what if.

WE

Each and every one of us took this message to the public, by e-mailing this to every radio station in your area.

I just e-mailed this to very radio commentator in the Seattle area.

can you do it too?

PLEASE

I loved this responce to USA today Opinion poll

It warms my heart to see so many posting comments in support of Phil Boyer from AOPA. I have to also add that it is nice to see USA Today post all of these comments and Phil's rebuttal since they could just bury it all.

TWO PEOPLE died yesterday. While this loss is tragic, it is microscopic compared to the number of people who died in auto accidents on the same day. Yet USA Today and the rest of the media are not calling for restrictions on where cars can drive, etc.

Phil said it all so well, so I will shut up. I only hope his message is broadcast as loudly as the words of our hysterical media.

Somehow, I doubt they will be.

Posted by: Sam, private pilot | Oct 12, 2006 4:00:27 PM

If you pass this article on I would add positive stuff about GA like Angelflight.

This is a long term, relationship building project. Many of continually strive to take leaders on their planes; their kids, and other friends that convey a positive message.

We just need to keep building and sustaining these relationships. I've had several folks speak to me after this accident; none in New York, but many folks have put this in proper perspective.

As long at the press gets a lot of attention printing this stuff, it will stay on. As soon as interest dies and there's more dirt somewhere else, they will move on.

Best,

Dave

Back