What can I do with this?

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Look closely. You can actually see Nicks brain at work in this photo.
Looking over the pics i took yesterday, this one just struck me funny, it looks as though Nick was looking at a future project.

Attachments

• new_project.jpg
    new_project.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 104
Seems to me he is thinking, "how can I get that in my garage to work on it"?

Mark B

With all those pretty california girls at Lake Havasu, Nickwill soon switch to yachtsman and begin a boat rebuilding project.

Put wheels under it and turn it into a camper. You would be the talk of the RV park.:rofl:

"Perhaps a modified KR-2? It can even have eight lounge seats, a bar and a potty!"

:goofy:

I admit, the thought of rebuilding it crossed my mind....

Was pretty neat.

He could always turn it into a boat, I've seen pictures of someone that did that.

Although if it was me and couldn't restore it, I'd turn it into a cool modified Oscar myer weiner van, "weee!!" LOL

That looks suspiciously like a Jetstream 3100. 1800 hours in one. I kind of have a soft spot in my heart for them. Sad to see it in that condition. Where was the salvage yard?

That looks suspiciously like a Jetstream 3100. 1800 hours in one. I kind of have a soft spot in my heart for them. Sad to see it in that condition. Where was the salvage yard?

Not a salvage yard exactly. But it was at Kingman airport. next to the EAA Hangar.

Look closely. You can actually see Nicks brain at work in this photo.
Looking over the pics i took yesterday, this one just struck me funny, it looks as though Nick was looking at a future project.

Make a boat out of it....

Did you fly them for Eastern too. That is one airline I miss. I really got good service with them.

I was 10 maybe and flew Eastern from back east to LA. they gave me a plastic set of wings that i wore proudly to school for at least a year. Way cool in my book.

I was 10 maybe and flew Eastern from back east to LA. they gave me a plastic set of wings that i wore proudly to school for at least a year. Way cool in my book.

Plastic. I got metal ones. I even got metal ones from TWA way back when, but that was in the 60's. Do hey still hand out wings to kids on planes? I expect with the 'Fortress of Solitude'® that has been created up front that even kids don't get to marvel at the cockpit with the 'cool pilots' showing all that stuff.

Last edited:
Plastic. I got metal ones. I even got metal ones from TWA way back when, but that was in the 60's

Now you'd be considered a terrorist for having such an interest in aviation. You're not a terrorist....are you?

Now you'd be considered a terrorist for having such an interest in aviation. You're not a terrorist....are you?

Well there is the guy on the red board who calls me one whenever he gets the chance. There are probably some threads in the archive here where he has done the same.

Did you fly them for Eastern too. That is one airline I miss. I really got good service with them.

Well, to be technical, Eastern didn't fly them, their commuter partner did.

But to answer the question, no I did not fly for that carrier. I flew for Jetstream International. They are now PSA.

Back