what are your top 5 favorite songs?

Ok, maybe I should not have said "favorite" because to be fair I couldn't name absolutes either.

thanks for the suggestions everyone!

I am going to pull a Scott. :D

Not "favorites" but some songs that have me snapping my fingers... From the Intermission Soundtrack (great movie, dark Irish comedy, Colin Farrell among others... Colin Farrell alone is worth seeing it but I digress)

anyway:

Old U2 - Out of Control from BOY. oh my. really old.
Magnetic Fields - I don't want to get over you. This is in my top ten right now.
And another song I've had in my head for a while but finally got around to uploading it: The Streets, Fit but you know it.

I noticed the frequency of Pink Floyd listings in this thread. Elizabeth, do yourself a favor and get Learning to Fly by Pink Floyd. It's a beautiful song that really expresses the depth to which the passion for flight can reach into the soul.

Well for those of yall that figure out my name, I'm a huge Buffett fan. Fins is one of those songs that you just have to be at one of his concerts to respect.

Fins to the left,
Fins to the right,
and your the only bait in town.

My other 4 favs. Probably JB stuff as well.:yes:

Well for those of yall that figure out my name, I'm a huge Buffett fan. Fins is one of those songs that you just have to be at one of his concerts to respect.

Fins to the left,
Fins to the right,
and your the only bait in town.

My other 4 favs. Probably JB stuff as well.:yes:
A kindred spirit! I've been a Parrothead for 30 years now!

I noticed the frequency of Pink Floyd listings in this thread. Elizabeth, do yourself a favor and get Learning to Fly by Pink Floyd. It's a beautiful song that really expresses the depth to which the passion for flight can reach into the soul.

Are you insane? Every time I hear Pink Floyd I feel like drinking a bottle of JD and slicing my own throat.

A couple of my fav's are by Jackson Browne: "Late for the Sky" and "The Last Resort".

"Ferry Cross the Mersy" - Gerry and the Pacemakers
"Me and You and a Dog Named Boo" - Lobo
"Cathy's Clown" - Everly Brothers
"The Dock of the Bay" - Otis Redding
"Black Magic Woman" - Santana
anything on any of the Chicago albums

"Riviera Paradise" - Stevie Ray Vaughan
"I Can See for Miles" - The Who
"It's For You" - Pat Metheny And Lyle Mays

Back