What are the disadvantages of going for a Sport Certificate?

Definitely, PPL gives better benefits than the SPL does. But it would be good idea to decide if I need all of them. I gona fly on 2 seats plane not longer than 2 hrs so LSA will cover my needs. Only one point is important for me why I should work on PPL. This is night flights. But already holding SPL I can bye LSA and flight on my own one PPL hours. So I choose the following scenario: SPL, LSA owning, PPL. I have passed SPL FAA written exam so just solo flights and check ride have to be completed. I have 15hrs already in my logbook. This scenario looks good for me because I will work on PPL already flying on my plane.

Just for PPL, unless you have limitations of your own. Don’t do sport just because.

I'm currently working on my CFI-S rating. My daughter is a MEII, corporate pilot, etc.
I have a friend (Kathryn) that's been flying with me for about 4 years. She was a junior in high school when she started, and a sophomore in college now. She wants to get her pilots license so bad, it's become an obsession, lol.
When I learned that I qualified for the CFI-S rating with only a PPL license, I got interested because there are VERY few CFI's that will instruct for free (my daughter being one of them) and nobody will "loan" their airplane to them.
I've passed the FOI test, studying for the next written test, then I'll do the training for the rest of it.
I own a Sling 2, am currently flying with Kathryn regularly, teaching her what I know. She's doing really great, made some unassisted t/o's and lndg's with only a little coaching. I'm really surprised at much better of a pilot it's made me.
While she's in college, she doesn't have the time and means to devote toward her PPL, but I have the time, and the airplane, and I don't need the $$$ for instructing. So, for her at this point and time, the SP rating for free is the way to get into the air. When she gets out of college, she can pursue the PPL and have all kinds of experience under her belt.
She's been flying left seat now for about the past year.

Back