What are surge protectors for?

D'oh!

I love the moment of sudden realization, after he says, "Final answer," and before the condolences flow.

One consolation: he knew he was wrong before he was told....

Some of the other ones honestly believed they were right. This is funny nonetheless.

We are expecting thunderstorms here tonight and tomorrow so I guess I better get some more surge protectors and hook them up to my water lines.

How does a young college student who grew up in the age of advanced home computers and the internet NOT know what a surge protector is?

This guy was sheltered!

How does a young college student who grew up in the age of advanced home computers and the internet NOT know what a surge protector is?

This guy was sheltered!
Nah, he knew what a surge protector is for - he'd just traveled until 3 a.m. and hadn't slept after that - up all night, he had a brain fart. The second he committed to it, he knew ...

Nah, he knew what a surge protector is for - he'd just traveled until 3 a.m. and hadn't slept after that - up all night, he had a brain fart. The second he committed to it, he knew ...

I do sympathize with him, but you know that's gonna follow him. Poor guy.

The thoughst went like this, I'm so excited, I'm a little tired, I shouldda gotten some sleep....

This is the no brainer question with the obvious answer....
....speed read
surge - water surges....

....final answer...........OMIGAWD!!!!

Oh geez. THAT was the million dollar question?
If you haven't, watch the video. He answers questions I wouldn't even know what discipline they were from. Then, he gets the question of... "What letter does all US non-military aircraft numbers start with?"

Doh!!! :rolleyes:

Finally... on my way! 2,500! :D

This guy was sheltered!

Naw, it is amazing how stupid people can get when you put them in front of a camera...it's like the brains drain right out the ears.

If you haven't, watch the video. He answers questions I wouldn't even know what discipline they were from. Then, he gets the question of... "What letter does all US non-military aircraft numbers start with?"
I don't know what I would do if I got my way to the million dollar question, then it was that one. Probably break down laughing for a couple minutes, then re-reading the question a couple hundred times to make sure I wasn't missing something.

I don't know what I would do if I got my way to the million dollar question, then it was that one. Probably break down laughing for a couple minutes, then re-reading the question a couple hundred times to make sure I wasn't missing something.

He had the "Ask the audience" and 50-50 left, so he wisely used them. He thought it might have been 'L' and that went away in the 50-50.

Smart kid.

I picture a good million-dollar question being:

What is a commercial pilot unable to do under Part 61?
  1. Giving buddys a free ride?
  2. Holding out?
  3. Picking up female tower controllers?; or,
  4. Putting out?

:goofy:

Back