what am i missing here?

loudbagel

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Hummingbird Saltalamacchia
Was reading pop mechanics and stumbled on this add to learn to fly for cheap... and the ad also stated that the guy was only an instrument rated pilot.

What am I missing?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-24-10-02-48.png
    Screenshot_2012-08-24-10-02-48.png
    922.4 KB · Views: 79
I haven't watched his video, but from the ad it appears like he's just selling advice - not training.

pretty much the same thing as coming to this forum

No worries, all possible in the world of ultralights and real LSAs rather than restricted airplanes.

I doubt he is going to get rich selling those videos, but more power to him.

He's talking about flying at 14, $8000 airplane, and $1500 training costs.
I would think learning to fly gliders would fit that, but not at $1500 for training, need to at least double that plus.

He's talking about flying at 14, $8000 airplane, and $1500 training costs.
I would think learning to fly gliders would fit that, but not at $1500 for training, need to at least double that plus.

Anyone who is chump enough to throw $10 at that video deserves what they get, I suppose. There are airplanes for $8,000 (none that I would fly) and $1,500 might get you to a solo flight (he never promised a certificate, I think).

Anyone who is chump enough to throw $10 at that video deserves what they get, I suppose. There are airplanes for $8,000 (none that I would fly) and $1,500 might get you to a solo flight (he never promised a certificate, I think).

There are some very nice gliders for $8000.

Back