what airplane would you buy

Can he tell us for what other reason he's doing it other than eating its flesh, or using its skin, or using its stuffed head to show off, etc.? Are these not just for the joy while many other alternatives are available?

Your not going to eat meat unless some one kills some thing, or didn't you know where hamburgers come from.

Can he tell us for what other reason he's doing it other than eating its flesh, or using its skin, or using its stuffed head to show off, etc.? Are these not just for the joy while many other alternatives are available?

For the vast majority of humans around the world, eating meat is a requirement to survive. Vegetarianism and other rubbish is a choice only a select few can afford to make.

Hunting and eating animals you killed yourself is a fantastic way to provide food to the table.

If someone asks you what is the best gun to go out and kill 10 people, would you give him the advice for the best available guns? Would you not ask him why he's going to do that, at first?

So, now hogs are people? Or - are people now hogs? :rofl:

I think you need to go back to the Miata forums.

So, now hogs are people? Or - are people now hogs? :rofl:

I think you need to go back to the Miata forums.

No they are not equal, but no creature is better or worth more living than the other. Just because the hogs don't have the ability to talk to defend themselves, or don't have the smart brain the human has, doesn't mean we can kill them.

Who let their little sister open a poa account?

No they are not equal, but no creature is better or worth more living than the other. Just because the hogs don't have the ability to talk to defend themselves, or don't have the smart brain the human has, doesn't mean we can kill them.

Yes - it kinda does.

Yes it does, we raise them for food. Thousands of them are killed each day, to supply people with a protein food source.

I find it hilarious that someone comes to the probably most right wing republican conservative forum outside some gun forums, and starts complaining why people eat meat... :)

Perhaps there was a confusion - P in POA stands for Pilots, not Prius-owners...

For the vast majority of humans around the world, eating meat is a requirement to survive. Vegetarianism and other rubbish is a choice only a select few can afford to make.

Hunting and eating animals you killed yourself is a fantastic way to provide food to the table.

May be for you it's rubbish. I think those who choose to be vegetarian because they don't want animals to be killed, especially in mass killings every day, they are responsible to their conscience. They use their brain to think, not just to follow what their stomach asks for or what others say. They can think independently.

You need to read more about what it takes to make the meat available at your table everyday. You'll see how the balance is.

[...] There is a lot of meat in stores to buy and eat (I don't endorse that either though). But going out in the wild and killing another animal and eating it is not rational. It's not a need. [...]

An I am really sorry for busting your dream, but Walt Disney's Jungle Book is not an objective documentary.
Creatures eat each other out there in the nature, of we are a part of. It is beyond me how anybody can seriously believe that it is more ethical to buy meat in the supermarket, 'produced' of animals which quite likely lived miserable lives and which died under often horrific conditions, than to harvest an animal out in the wild, which never even knew what it was hit by!? Hogs are even a pest in many areas of the US, destroying the tree huggers food source – how more ethical can the ‘production’ of meat be, than taking care of this problem and gathering food at the time? :dunno:

[...] I just like the look of the p-51 Mustang. I wish we had never invented these great machines for killing. They should be used for airshows or other uses only. [...]

Yeah right, the military abused this great new air show plane for WWII, against the will of its designers. It was never meant to do harm to anybody. :rolleyes:

My apologies to the OP. I won't feed the troll anymore.

Back to aviation, I'm thinking of the Cessna 175 for my back country work. You can pick them up for cheap because of the geared engine. Although they have a nose gear, judging by the performance take off data, pretty good but not as good as a C180 which is a lot more money. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the rear seats out of a 175 and hauling some big stuff. Find one in rough but airworthy condition and don't worry too much about beating it up on gravel bars. Just keep the weight off the nose gear as much as possible. There are STCs for 8.50x6 tires I think I saw before.

Back to aviation, I'm thinking of the Cessna 175 for my back country work. You can pick them up for cheap because of the geared engine. Although they have a nose gear, judging by the performance take off data, pretty good but not as good as a C180 which is a lot more money. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the rear seats out of a 175 and hauling some big stuff. Find one in rough but airworthy condition and don't worry too much about beating it up on gravel bars. Just keep the weight off the nose gear as much as possible. There are STCs for 8.50x6 tires I think I saw before.

Are parts still freely available for the gearbox?

This is a very good choice, when up graded to the 180 horse Lycoming, they will haul more than a M-7-235 Maule, they will land shorter, and fly off at a lower speed, than most other Cessna mentioned in this thread.

To really be a good off airport old hauler they need, 210 nose gear, Stall cuff, with V-Gs, and 8:50 Tires and double puck breaks. here is one with all that.

Attachments

• what is it -4.JPG
    what is it -4.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 26
  • what is it -3.JPG
    what is it -3.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 22
  • what is it -2.JPG
    what is it -2.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 22
  • what is it -5.JPG
    what is it -5.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 21

No. Everything metal forward of the front crank journal are NLA. Whatever is out there is what ever is out there, sadly...

This is a very good choice, when up graded to the 180 horse Lycoming, they will haul more than a M-7-235 Maule, they will land shorter, and fly off at a lower speed, than most other Cessna mentioned in this thread.

To really be a good off airport old hauler they need, 210 nose gear, Stall cuff, with V-Gs, and 8:50 Tires and double puck breaks. here is one with all that.

Whoa. That thing is burly. Expensive I guess, but he got what I need. ;)

When you want to build a off field 175 you throw the GO-away. and use the TCM IO-360 @ 210 horse or the Lycoming IO-360-200 horse.

You need to read more about what it takes to make the meat available at your table everyday. You'll see how the balance is.

Not a lot of reading necessary just a clean shot and a razor sharp broadhead.

Attachments

• IMAG1593.jpg
    IMAG1593.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
An I am really sorry for busting your dream, but Walt Disney's Jungle Book is not an objective documentary.
Creatures eat each other out there in the nature, of we are a part of. It is beyond me how anybody can seriously believe that it is more ethical to buy meat in the supermarket, 'produced' of animals which quite likely lived miserable lives and which died under often horrific conditions, than to harvest an animal out in the wild, which never even knew what it was hit by!? Hogs are even a pest in many areas of the US, destroying the tree huggers food source – how more ethical can the ‘production’ of meat be, than taking care of this problem and gathering food at the time? :dunno:

Yeah right, the military abused this great new air show plane for WWII, against the will of its designers. It was never meant to do harm to anybody. :rolleyes:

Oliver, your answer is the first real challenge here. And I'm happy you brought it up. You are right. But let's not limit the discussion to hogs only as the OP mentioned other animals too.
But that's right, I don't endorse that either and I think I mentioned that in my first post too. Please also read my answers to the other guys. It just gives me a terrible feeling that in addition to thousands of animals lived a terrible life and killed everyday, I see someone coming out asking for an advice to find another way for facilitating killing more animals.

And about my avatar, I don't like what the original mission of this airplane was. I like the look of this airplane and I don't really think a rational person (who I think most pilots are) is glorified for killing others by looking at this picture. I respect other people's intelligence. If I say I don't use this picture because I don't want to allow others to see it and go kill others then people would ask me "you think we are irrational to see a picture and be encouraged to do so? Don't you think we have the brain and intelligence to make decisions on our own?"

It just gives me a terrible feeling that in addition to thousands of animals lived a terrible life and killed everyday, I see someone coming out asking for an advice to find another way for facilitating killing more animals.

Save The World is two doors down on the right.

I was thinking of spending under $20k, and just up the mx budget a bit. If the orig engine goes south, then worry about a conversion. I think this one would give good back country service for a decade or so;

http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_1020192_CESSNA+175.html

Prolly get it for $16k-ish. Don't need no fancy elec-tronickies for scrubbing around W TX or N NM. Put the big tires on and off I go!

I just like the look of the p-51 Mustang.

And we just like the taste of deer, and other animals. You should thank us for preventing overpopulation. You wouldn't be able to drive or fly anywhere.

I was thinking of spending under $20k, and just up the mx budget a bit. If the orig engine goes south, then worry about a conversion. I think this one would give good back country service for a decade or so;

http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_1020192_CESSNA+175.html

Prolly get it for $16k-ish. Don't need no fancy elec-tronickies for scrubbing around W TX or N NM. Put the big tires on and off I go!

You can not buy that 175, and up grade it to what you need to go off field for the 39k you can buy the already converted 39k aircraft I linked.
The engine up grade to the 180 horse is about 45k when a new engine is used.

then add a stall cuff, VGs, and a 210 nose gear, you will be where you need to be, at about $60k

You can't build it, for what you can buy it for.

And we just like the taste of deer, and other animals. You should thank us for preventing overpopulation. You wouldn't be able to drive or fly anywhere.

He doesn't realize that due to the sportsman projects there are more deer here now than when the pilgrims arrived.

More ducks and geese, than in 1900.

Get back to the Maule MX7-180. The back seat in mine takes about 2 minutes to remove. It is held in place with Fast Pins, so no tools are required to remove it. I frequently take it out when my dog goes flying with me. This plane will give you the fuel burn you are looking for, the useful load you want (1150 pounds on mine), the backcountry capability and the volume for hauling all the camping and hunting stuff you want or need. Here's a shot with the barn doors open and my camping gear unloaded, including a large cooler. I still had room for a bicycle. The second shot is my hound dog enjoying the large space she gets. This plane will give you more of what you are looking for at a lower price point than the Cessnas.

2C2MnVal.jpg

Ko9QelNl.jpg

You can not buy that 175, and up grade it to what you need to go off field for the 39k you can buy the already converted 39k aircraft I linked.
The engine up grade to the 180 horse is about 45k when a new engine is used.

then add a stall cuff, VGs, and a 210 nose gear, you will be where you need to be, at about $60k

You can't build it, for what you can buy it for.

Yeah, I got that. I was thinking of just parting it out if I can't OH the GO-300 when it's time. If the GO won't overhaul, I could just put it back together as best I can, and fly it till it breaks then sell the rest for scrap.

When you want to build a off field 175 you throw the GO-away. and use the TCM IO-360 @ 210 horse or the Lycoming IO-360-200 horse.

Wow, this would make a nice setup! :yes:
Would the price and performance however not be pretty similar to an older 182?

Those upgraded 172s and 175s seem to go for quite a lot of $$$...

Get back to the Maule MX7-180. The back seat in mine takes about 2 minutes to remove. It is held in place with Fast Pins, so no tools are required to remove it. I frequently take it out when my dog goes flying with me. This plane will give you the fuel burn you are looking for, the useful load you want (1150 pounds on mine), the backcountry capability and the volume for hauling all the camping and hunting stuff you want or need. Here's a shot with the barn doors open and my camping gear unloaded, including a large cooler. I still had room for a bicycle. The second shot is my hound dog enjoying the large space she gets. This plane will give you more of what you are looking for at a lower price point than the Cessnas.

2C2MnVal.jpg

Ko9QelNl.jpg

I agree. Don't think you can beat the MX7 for this mission

So, a 1.5 pages before the thread goes off the rails? That's pretty good from what I've seen of this site... :lol:

So, a 1.5 pages before the thread goes off the rails? That's pretty good from what I've seen of this site... :lol:

I saved it from the great beyond! The anti-troll. :idea:

Wow, this would make a nice setup! :yes:
Would the price and performance however not be pretty similar to an older 182?

Those upgraded 172s and 175s seem to go for quite a lot of $$$...

To make the 182 do what the 175 will do, will cost big bucks too.

I agree. Don't think you can beat the MX7 for this mission

That is why the 175 owner's friends ask him to carry their stuff that their Maules won't when they go back country.
The 175 flys at a much lower airspeed, and does not have the gear problems of the Maule. Maule accelerates at a better rate, but the speed they must reach is not good on a rough surface.

And this post has what value to the subject?

Back