What advice do you have for me?

Princesspilot206

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Princesspilot
Good day people of POA! I am currently embarking on an incredible journey that I feel so fortunate to have. 4 days ago I moved 1700 miles to my new home in the south where I am living with other flight students. The airline I work for accepted me into their ATP program. I have a PPL - SEL, a B.S. in Aviation Management, and recently...a MBA. Flying is what I love more than anything! The day I got here I deactivated my social media, so as to not be distracted by it. It is just me and my books. How do you suggest I absorb all of the IFR knowledge so that I can do and perform well? So, what books or videos do you think I should watch? Did you have ah-ha moments in your training? What should I focus on the most? To be honest, it seems like an avalanche of information and I would like to ride that wave and not be buried by it lol.

It’s likely the program wants you to ‘learn’ from their curriculum. Cooperate & graduate. Study groups and gouge probably exist among the students so don’t try to re-invent the wheel.

Now, Buck’s Weather flying and Garnder’s The Comoleat Pilot are good resources in addition to the FAA’s latest weather handbook and the IPH and IFH.

Good luck.

I wrote this a while back. Maybe you will find it of some use. Good luck.

I wrote this a while back. Maybe you will find it of some use. Good luck.

Thank you for that! Yes, that helps me look at it from a macro level.

practice always helped me, as in "Armchair " flying. Study groups are great, but only up to a point. They often get off track.

Good day people of POA! I am currently embarking on an incredible journey that I feel so fortunate to have. 4 days ago I moved 1700 miles to my new home in the south where I am living with other flight students. The airline I work for accepted me into their ATP program. I have a PPL - SEL, a B.S. in Aviation Management, and recently...a MBA. Flying is what I love more than anything! The day I got here I deactivated my social media, so as to not be distracted by it. It is just me and my books. How do you suggest I absorb all of the IFR knowledge so that I can do and perform well? So, what books or videos do you think I should watch? Did you have ah-ha moments in your training? What should I focus on the most? To be honest, it seems like an avalanche of information and I would like to ride that wave and not be buried by it lol.
Hello bro! welcome onboard, I'm in the same situation as you. I am from KTMB FL, working to pay for my IFR training trust me very very time-consuming & frustrating, but it is what it is. I am done with my CX countries requirement and now doing mostly SIMs also I passed my written so, It's a bit relaxful but I always ask my friends/CFIs to share with me materials and tools so I can keep studying and keep myself busy. What do you need will share?

Out of curiosity, did you use an online school to help you with the writen?

Back