What address should I use to send a complaint letter to Apple?

purdue1014

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Brent
Anyone know? My third Ipod, 2nd replacement, just broke through no fault of my own....:mad:

Thanks for the help,

Purdue

My son is on his third one and my daughter is on her second one. In my opinion they are nothing but junk!

#1 son has had one for over a year with no problems, and #2 son has had a refurb for a few months with no problems... so ya' just never know...

gkainz said:
#1 son has had one for over a year with no problems, and #2 son has had a refurb for a few months with no problems... so ya' just never know...

Brother's on his second, I'm on my second, never a problem with either.

I do abuse mine quite a bit by having it in the truck. Yes, it's got scratches (mainly where it sits in the TransPod charger/transmitter/mount) but it works like a charm, even after surviving the accident. I even use it to back up my laptop. (Who really has 60GB worth of music and pictures? :dunno:)

I wish they used a harder coating, though. My Sony Ericsson W600i cell phone takes quite a beating too, and its screen and case are completely scratch-free. These days I'll even throw it in the same pocket as my keys and it comes out unscathed. I must say, I've been very impressed!

Unfortunately, I am not impressed with the quality of the new MacBook Pro. The screen hinge is too weak and the delete key already broke off. :mad: At least when I call in about it I'll be talking with someone right here in the good old US of A. :yes:

I just got a return letter, ahem bogus letter. Blah Blah Blah "We have noted your complaint, please refer to www.apple.com/support if you have any questions on service for your Ipod." Blah Blah Blah Ahh well what should I have expected. I guess I'll stick with my Palm for music for now.......

purdue1014 said:
I just got a return letter, ahem bogus letter. Blah Blah Blah "We have noted your complaint, please refer to www.apple.com/support if you have any questions on service for your Ipod." Blah Blah Blah Ahh well what should I have expected. I guess I'll stick with my Palm for music for now.......

Apple's customer support is useless. They should be jailed for selling junk.

purdue1014 said:

Try calling 1-800-SOS-APPL. They were very nice when my PowerBook had a power adapter problem. Sent me a new one for free, even though at least part of the problem was due to me abusing it over time (increased wear and tear in the truck).

Is your iPod under warranty?

flyingcheesehead said:
Try calling 1-800-SOS-APPL. They were very nice when my PowerBook had a power adapter problem. Sent me a new one for free, even though at least part of the problem was due to me abusing it over time (increased wear and tear in the truck).

Is your iPod under warranty?

I guess it is worth a try, even though I have lost all hope....Nahh it is not under warranty, the refurbished iPods that Apple gives only have a 90 day warranty:hairraise: , which probably should have been the first red flag. Thanks for the number...

Purdue

SkyHog said:
Funny tho, when I worked for aol, sending a letter to stevecase@aol.com would actually forward to the complaint department, so that would be accurate advice to an AOL customer.

His screen name is most definitely not Steve Case :D
That one might actaully work. I know for a fact that that is the format for Apple email addresses. I've corresponded with a few at Apple.

The question is if Steve uses outside email.

Microsoft has an entire team of people handling Bill Gates' email, supposedly to handle the spam he gets. It probably takes that many to make sure no malware gets to his Outlook account. :rolleyes:

Back