What about an HSI?

No, a G-V won't work at some of the fields I want to use. Clearly I need a C-17 Bizjet with a helicopter (Maybe a Hind?) loaded on it - the aerial equivalent of some of those big yachts.

You'd need an S-92 for a helicopter. You don't want anything with less than full SAR radar on board, Cat A hover certification, and twin turbines. At $52 million for the executive edition with gold-plated everything and a lavatory, it's a bargain. But you could get the base one for $26 million if you're feeling cheap.

You'd need an S-92 for a helicopter. You don't want anything with less than full SAR radar on board, Cat A hover certification, and twin turbines. At $52 million for the executive edition with gold-plated everything and a lavatory, it's a bargain. But you could get the base one for $26 million if you're feeling cheap.

OP Here, I was testing the waters to see if an HSI could economically replace a TU KI202 (Which is $500 bucks to replace)... You guys have only priced jumped me about $999,999,500. That's getting pretty close to the upper limit of my budget and maybe over it by $999,997,500 give or take a few dollars.

As I said, it's just time for all of us to get G-Vs. We don't want to be messing around with not doing things right. :idea:
Actually I would rather have a low and slow airplane than a GV... or maybe both. :)

OP Here, I was testing the waters to see if an HSI could economically replace a TU KI202 (Which is $500 bucks to replace)... You guys have only priced jumped me about $999,999,500. That's getting pretty close to the upper limit of my budget and maybe over it by $999,997,500 give or take a few dollars.

Sorry for the thread creep, but admittedly it is kinda fun. :D

Hey, it was my idea. I should get first dibs.:(

It's a G-V, why do we need to limit who comes on the first ride? There's room for everyone! ;)

Actually I would rather have a low and slow airplane than a GV... or maybe both. :)

As you know, I love the piston twins I fly. With 550s and/or turbos in the 310, I'd be happy as a clam. And I'd love to have a low and slow taildragger to fly around. So, everyone else can keep their "doing it right" and I guess I'll just do it my way... which seems to be right enough for most folk. :)

I'm sure it comes with a checklist. :rofl:

Hmm.

Switches, check.
Dials, check.
Funny things that I don't know what they are, check.

Now what? :dunno:

:D

Unroll the emergency inflation tube on the autopilot, located just below the belt buckle....

Hmm. I think I'm going to stick to the 310, I don't like where this is going.

Back