What a nice weekend in the NE

Eamon

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Eamon
Man, I almost had to grab a jacket last night. It was 65 here with a light wind out of the southwest.

Started off the weekend bike riding with the kids.

Moved on to meet Toby at the brewery for some nice fresh cask condition brew and then out to GREAT memphis BBQ @ Smoking Al's

Right now I am sitting on the porch sipping a margrita with 2 ice cubes in it. I usually have 4-5 cubes, but it is just such a cool day, 2 is enough.

It is days like this that I feel bad for my friends sitting at a fly-in in 95 temps :) :) :)

Eamon said:
Man, I almost had to grab a jacket last night. It was 65 here with a light wind out of the southwest.

Started off the weekend bike riding with the kids.

Moved on to meet Toby at the brewery for some nice fresh cask condition brew and then out to GREAT memphis BBQ @ Smoking Al's

Right now I am sitting on the porch sipping a margrita with 2 ice cubes in it. I usually have 4-5 cubes, but it is just such a cool day, 2 is enough.

It is days like this that I feel bad for my friends sitting at a fly-in in 95 temps :) :) :)
I actually got out and flew. Booked 1.4, but a couple of ugly landings spoilt my mood for a little bit. Other than that, light breeze and clear skies...take it when you can get it ;)

Once I got my rust off (with a "bounced into go-around what the heck was that" effort) the last couple landings were nicer, and I easily made the first turn off at PTK coming back in. 4 in the pattern at Romeo - all being stepped on by the surrounding airports sharing the same unicom...as far away as Ionia County...75Nm !!!

All in all, a pleasant way to polish off a Sunday morning.

I got up this morning, looked out the window, and thought "Man I should go flying!". But I had a previous commitment at the Air and Space Museum. At least I spent the morning surrounded by airplanes. Now I can sit outside on the front porch and watch my daughter play in her (just-filled) inflat-a-pool. Brrrr!

OMG IT WAS FREEZING IN NC TODAY!!!!!! So I stayed in bed with my electric blanket and goose down blanket and slept all day.

I couldn't resist - Took the plane to Newport Rhode Island - KUUU - what a beautiful day to just walk around town and eat good sea food. It just doesn't get better than this!

Eamon said:
Oh, you don't say, Mr.-what-are-you-talking-about-it's-HOT-out here! And laughing at me like that for wearing my fleece. Hrummpphh!

Gorgeous weekend, crystal clear. Good for cleaning, since I couldn't make it to Gaston's!

[edit: btw, 57.2 deg. F.....ask me how I know.;)]

Last edited:
Well, after all these weeks of rain, I finally got to go out and fly! I flew from Lawrence (KLWM) to Sanford, ME (KSFM) and back. I just wanted to fly somewhere before I forgot how! Since I got my PPL, I have only flown twice because of the weather.

I took a buddy who loves to fly out for a ride. Flew out from BED to Cape Ann, then did a touch and go at Pease, one at LWM, and touched down at minuteman for a little break before heading home. Great day for some sightseeing. It was fun to go fly just to fly. I haven't done that in a long time.

Back