What a great day...

SNewlin06

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
SNewlin06
So I've been taking lessons for my PPL since January 1. It's been fun, but every stinking time I go up the sky is somewhat overcast, the air is bumpy, the temperature is freezing or less. I've been progressing fairly quick, with just over 20 hours now, 8+ PIC. It just hadnt REALLY enjoyed flying as much, because I had to fight the airplane everywhere I went.

Until today!

Man alive! Clear sky, winds down the runway at 3kts, and the air smooth as glass. Had a great dual session (1.2hr) into the local Class C (for the sign off).

Just beautiful, fun flying. THIS is why I want to fly.:smile:

When days like that come about, I say "These are days that were made for flying." :)

Glad you had such an enjoyable lesson!

Good to hear, Scott! Enjoy the training.
If your long X-C includes BNA or JWN (HSV was my long night trip), ring me up.

There are days when you sigh and say, "Man, I love doing this!"

Sounds like you just had one.

That's always a treat, but remember: you'll learn more about flying from the crappy weather. Especially the days when you have to cancel. ;)
Good luck, and have fun!!

That's always a treat, but remember: you'll learn more about flying from the crappy weather. Especially the days when you have to cancel. ;)

Canceling is one of the best lessons. Especially when you have to cancel after the engine's started running.

Don't give up those are the days we live for! Like others also said sometimes it is best to just cancel and wait for a better day... Good luck!

Back