What a good dog!

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
LINK
A stray kitten has found a new mother in a golden retriever, who began producing milk for the gray tabby after hearing its cries.

33099962.jpg

We had a Golden Retriever going through a false pregnancy and giving milk when we got a couple kittens when I was a kid (late 50s / very early 60s). One took advantage and grew up thinking he was a Golden. That dog and cat had more fun together over the years. The dog would mother anything. She'd take a mouse away from the cats and protect it. Mouse would be scared to death, but totally safe. Sweet dogs. This case doesn't surprise me at all.

I used to have a golden. I miss him dearly. He was my nanny growning up.

You can never have too many goldens.

Attachments

• DSCN0420.JPG
    DSCN0420.JPG
    281 KB · Views: 23
Richard, that's a great picture ... made me smile, it did! :)

Absolutely! How can one not smile at a gaggle of Goldies?! They have the sweetest disposition of any dog I've ever owned. My Golden is named Bailey, and she is wonderful! :yes:

Not the only ones who think a lot of retrievers... Try this guy.... http://www.davidrosenfelt.com/about.htm I haven't read any of his books but I'm told he's a lot like Robert Parker (and Spencer); Fast read and very entertaining. He and his wife founded Tara Foundation, a rescue for Golden Retrievers. And you might want to look at this blog.

Last edited:
That's a great story. It speaks well of the retriever's owner as well.

It gives me hope fixed wing instructors will take in stray rotorwing pilots and teach them the right way to go. :)

Back