What a difference a year can make

DavidWhite

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
DW
It's been a year today since I had hydraulic mist fill up the cockpit of the 210 I was flying. That led to a marvelous misadventure and the discovery of a plethora of problems with the airplane along the way. I was out at the airport dropping a check off today and decided to take a picture in pretty much the same spot (with a different airplane) exactly 1 year apart.

February 20th, 2012
399825_2720496692109_163659111_n.jpg

February 20th, 2013
164427_4403559807635_1172671216_n.jpg

Here's the thread if anyone is interested

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47551

You certainly look a lot happier in today's picture!!

The only difference I see is you're wearing lighter clothes. Youth is wasted on the young.

It's obviously to warm in San Marcos. It's still February and he's in shorts and sandals.
But it looks a little wet.

Just enjoying that wardrobe while he has the chance. ;)

You look a LOT better now. Pay no attention to the SteinHumbug.

Realize this is the greatest compliment I can give. If I had a daughter your age, I'd let her date you.

No...

<----this

Is a nice smirk.

:)

Good post, David. Shorts and flip-flops in February suck!

Last edited:
Isn't the second picture supposed to be with a Mooney?

Isn't the second picture supposed to be with a Mooney?

I suppose, but I don't actually know where it is right now. It seems to migrate between the avionics shop and the mechanics shop. I figure once they get tired of working on it, they'll let me fly it.

Shorts and flip-flops in February suck!
My students have to go through a safety orientation in the fabrication lab - that requires long pants.

One of them had a problem - he didn't own any long pants. Just shorts. But, then, it doesn't get cold in the Detroit area in the winter.

My students have to go through a safety orientation in the fabrication lab - that requires long pants.

One of them had a problem - he didn't own any long pants. Just shorts. But, then, it doesn't get cold in the Detroit area in the winter.

Maybe he's my roommate. He biked a few miles in shorts the other night while it was snowing.

Is that the 210 from 5C1? I was out there last weekend and its sitting there with no engine in it right now.

I suppose, but I don't actually know where it is right now. It seems to migrate between the avionics shop and the mechanics shop. I figure once they get tired of working on it, they'll let me fly it.

I see. First thought you were trying to make the picture look somewhat similar.

Back