What a crappy day

Snaggletooth

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Dustin
As I'm sure most of yall know, Fridays are my normal day for my Flight Lessons. Well once again, I did not get to fly. It was a crappy day.

The weather was down right HORRABLE!! Blue Skys, Few Clouds up at about 4,000ft, and winds from 360 at 15 on the AWOS.

I know what your thinking.... "Snag, How is that horrible weather?"

It's horrible weather when you had to cancel your Flight due to allergies kicking your read end. :mad2:

It's ok. Just talked to my backup CFI and he said it was so bumpy out yesterday. Would have been beat to death if I had flown. lol

A crappy day here was Thursday when it rained all day; and all Thursday evening and through the night while the winds were up to 60 mph -- 70 reported at one location, and an offshore buoy registered 90 mph. Georgetown's electricity went out at 4:30 that day, as well as in 40 to 50 other localities around the state. We(Georgetown) got our power back during the late afternoon of Saturday. It's been a zoo. During my auto trip back from a Saturday aviation seminar at Owls Head Transportation Museum(KRKD) there was a mixture of rain, sleet, and/or snow, resulting in a cover of about 4" and messy driving.

HR

A crappy day here was Thursday when it rained all day; and all Thursday evening and through the night while the winds were up to 60 mph -- 70 reported at one location, and an offshore buoy registered 90 mph. Georgetown's electricity went out at 4:30 that day, as well as in 40 to 50 other localities around the state. We(Georgetown) got our power back during the late afternoon of Saturday. It's been a zoo. During my auto trip back from a Saturday aviation seminar at Owls Head Transportation Museum(KRKD) there was a mixture of rain, sleet, and/or snow, resulting in a cover of about 4" and messy driving.

HR
We had a nasty weather day this week on Wednesday - clouds were solid from about 1k to 29k with the winds out of the west as high as 180 knots at 37k'. That even pushes us around!

We had 28" of crappy day here. Can't tell the planes from the snowdrifts!
Global Warming my.....
Wonder how much snow load the wings can take before they give way?
Feel better Dustin!

HR

Eh, that wouldn't stop a Cirrus.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

We had 28" of crappy day here. Can't tell the planes from the snowdrifts!
Global Warming my.....
Wonder how much snow load the wings can take before they give way?
Feel better Dustin!

Guess it's always worse somewhere else, ehh?

You need to move north to the frozen tundra. No allergens here, they are still buried in 12" of global warming. :lol:

allergies, or frostbite..... I'll take the allergies. lol :D

It was a crappy morning today...
KLNK 281246Z 33005KT 3/4SM R36/6000VP6000FT BR OVC001 M08/M09 A3018
KLNK 281254Z 34004KT 1/2SM R36/4500VP6000FT FZFG OVC001 M08/M08 A3017
KLNK 281319Z 34005KT 1/4SM R36/2200V3000FT FZFG OVC001 M07/M08 A3017
KLNK 281354Z 36006KT 1/2SM R36/2400V3000FT FZFG OVC001 M07/M08 A3017

But..I went flying anyways...
1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
I did get to fly yesterday, though the weather made our original plans for airport hopping around the area not prudent. But for a while we had enough visibility to practice take offs and landings at KUGN, then snow showers moved in. It was interesting to fly in that weather. Our 4th time around the tower asked us for visibility and we said "about 3 mi" and it was, give or take. But right after we were cleared for take off the next time around, a pirep came in for visibility at 2-2.5 mi and so we were done for the day. We pulled off the runway and went back to the ramp. Good day anyway, got some good landings in.

Back