we've moved

JHW

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jeff Wright
Back in the US from Australia. Snuck away to the airport this weekend and raised the hangar door for the first time in 2+ years. No fuel leaks, all looks to be in order except both batteries (out of the plane and on a charger) froze and broke. Must have been the 2013-14 winter

Attachments

• Img_2217sm.jpg
    Img_2217sm.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 98
Welcome back! Wish you the best of luck not having any issues with your airplane sitting for so long.

Back in the US from Australia. Snuck away to the airport this weekend and raised the hangar door for the first time in 2+ years. No fuel leaks, all looks to be in order except both batteries (out of the plane and on a charger) froze and broke. Must have been the 2013-14 winter
Welcome back stateside! Hopefully the worst thing about coming back will be having to deal with 12 months of winter without a break...

Got tired of flying that King Air?...

Welcome back stateside! Hopefully the worst thing about coming back will be having to deal with 12 months of winter without a break...
yes we planned that exactly wrong. I left on the first day that felt like spring. The day we went to the airport was the first day of 2015 that I wore short sleeves

brian];1893631 said:
Got tired of flying that King Air?...
it's been put out to pasture. I had a long, painful talk with the owner a few weeks ago and he agreed it's time to let it go

yes we planned that exactly wrong. I left on the first day that felt like spring. The day we went to the airport was the first day of 2015 that I wore short sleeves
Ugh. I've always wanted to visit Tasmania, at least in the summer, but if it's THAT cold even in January and February, forget it. :(

it's been put out to pasture. I had a long, painful talk with the owner a few weeks ago and he agreed it's time to let it go

You were lucky. Usually you just show for work and there is a big lock on the door!

You were lucky. Usually you just show for work and there is a big lock on the door!
that wasn't work, a friendly old man let me use it for personal trips and in return I made trips in it for him to carry building materials into a creek bottom strip for a cabin he was building. I quickly found that when you live on an island, it's nice to have your "own" king air.

close, we're at lacon

Yup, I recognized the inside of those new hangars. I learned to fly at C75 and kept my 172 there for a very short time. MY friend has his 210 there and another friend instructs there.

Back