Westward ho! Advice solicited.

Amelia

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Amelia
Dear Husband and I are departing coastal NC this morning, headed, eventually, for California by Mooney. (We're seizing the chance while we still have a working credit card, a good airplane, and a valid medical-- this might be our last chance to cross the big rocks, who knows?) First stop will be near St. Louis to visit family, second stop will catch up with friends near Kansas City. Third stop for fuel halfway to Arizona somewhere, and fourth, for the night, in maybe Sedona, AZ, as it's been highly recommended. Maybe lunch the next day at Mohave, and on to our destination at Davis, CA by Thursday night.
We'll be in Davis until Monday, visit with Bay Area friends, and then it'll be eastbound again, with the only stop planned so far in Colorado Springs and St. Louis 'burbs again, to see family. Any other ideas?
All advice is most welcome-- recommendations for great airports, gas stops, scenery, invitations to dinner--

Thanks!

Wow Amelia, sounds like an amazing trip. I'm jealous. I'd I have not flown west of central AR but I'd second Larrys advice to spend some time in Sedona, its a truly beautiful place. Have fun, fly safe and please take and post lots of photos!

Dear Husband and I are departing coastal NC this morning, headed, eventually, for California by Mooney. (We're seizing the chance while we still have a working credit card, a good airplane, and a valid medical-- this might be our last chance to cross the big rocks, who knows?) First stop will be near St. Louis to visit family, second stop will catch up with friends near Kansas City. Third stop for fuel halfway to Arizona somewhere, and fourth, for the night, in maybe Sedona, AZ, as it's been highly recommended. Maybe lunch the next day at Mohave, and on to our destination at Davis, CA by Thursday night.
We'll be in Davis until Monday, visit with Bay Area friends, and then it'll be eastbound again, with the only stop planned so far in Colorado Springs and St. Louis 'burbs again, to see family. Any other ideas?
All advice is most welcome-- recommendations for great airports, gas stops, scenery, invitations to dinner--

Thanks!

Well, in St Louis use Creve Couer airport, hangars should be open this weekend...

Thanks!

Give us a day's warning for C Springs, and we'll make a CO POA dinner.

Definitely make it to Colorado. Worth a stop.

Sedona's worthwhile. Yellowstone is worthwhile. Santa Fe is worth a stop.

Sedona is great!
PM me if you need any recommendations, help, or dinner.
:)

Back