Westboro's Fred Phelps is on his death bed

That makes NO sense to me. Why would pc folks need to fake dislike of what WBC was doing? :confused:
If you aren't really wronged it isn't real rage that you feel. Although probably equally bad for your health.

Looks like the cool thing to do these days is to really hate Fred.

The man never did nothing to me. Am I in trouble for not faking outrage?

Nope, personally I don't give a rat's ass about the guy, never really paid him any attention.

If you aren't really wronged it isn't real rage that you feel. Although probably equally bad for your health.

I think that it's possible to feel outraged by someone's behavior without feeling rage.

I think that it's possible to feel outraged by someone's behavior without feeling rage.

Of course it is, especially if you have a basic sense of decency, or justice. Who among us, for instance, wouldn't feel outrage at the Catholic Church's cover-up of sex abuse by priests, even if we aren't religious, or hadn't been personally harmed? But it's obvious that some here who have defended, or at the very least dismissed, Fred Phelps and his vile protests merely want attention. I pity them. And as their argument goes, without the Internet, who would they be? Ha, no one!

I just read that he's dead.

If only there was a hell then Falwell would have some company!

Good riddance to the bigot. I mourn him not. I do not hate him, but I hate that at one time he had a valid free speech point and I had to be on his side, for he has brought out the bad in otherwise good people!!

He did many evil things in his life and we should not miss him nor lament his passing at all nor will I allow him to have me do evil things like he has done to people.

You two can feel outrage without feeling rage? Neato. The WBC hurt people's petty feelings the Catholic church condoned the physical rape of boys, they are not the same. Not even close.

You two can feel outrage without feeling rage? Neato. The WBC hurt people's petty feelings the Catholic church condoned the physical rape of boys, they are not the same. Not even close.

Petty feelings? Hmm, perhaps you should have a face-to-face conversation with the families of soldiers who were targeted by Phelps. You know, those who were man/or woman enough to fight for the right of Americans to have free speech, even if it disgusts us. Petty feelings? I doubt they'd tell you it was so petty to see WBC's vile signs, etc., at the funerals of their loved ones. But perhaps you aren't man enough to have this conversation with such families. After all, it wouldn't fit your tidy little world view, where all is about Greg. Are you a veteran?

Pretty sure the world is a better place today.

From a 2010 interview:
Investigative reporter Joshua Kors interviewed Phelps in 2010 and asked him about his own death:

Kors: Have you thought about what will happen when you die?

Phelps: (Phelps chuckles.) I'm not planning on dying.

Kors: Well, everybody's going to die at some point. I'm wondering about your thoughts on going to heaven.

Phelps: The Lord himself should descend for me with the angels. I'm not looking for an undertaker — I'm looking for an uppertaker.
Kors: Describe that heaven for me.

Phelps: When the time comes, I will leave my old body. My new body will be a part of God. That's our inheritance. God says, "They shall hunger no more. They shall thirst no more." What's the matter with you? Don't you know the Bible? You are about the most ignorant person I've ever seen.

Petty feelings? Hmm, perhaps you should have a face-to-face conversation with the families of soldiers who were targeted by Phelps. You know, those who were man/or woman enough to fight for the right of Americans to have free speech, even if it disgusts us. Petty feelings? I doubt they'd tell you it was so petty to see WBC's vile signs, etc., at the funerals of their loved ones. But perhaps you aren't man enough to have this conversation with such families. After all, it wouldn't fit your tidy little world view, where all is about Greg. Are you a veteran?

When was the last time a US soldier fought to preserve free speech? Shooting those kids at Kent state? Oops nope wrong side of that fight.
You know what is really funny I had the WBC protest against me, I laughed. I guess I should claim extra special victim credit for my pain. Oh wait there was no pain only laughter. The wbc and the people upset by them are equally pathetic.

When was the last time a US soldier fought to preserve free speech? Shooting those kids at Kent state? Oops nope wrong side of that fight.
You know what is really funny I had the WBC protest against me, I laughed. I guess I should claim extra special victim credit for my pain. Oh wait there was no pain only laughter. The wbc and the people upset by them are equally pathetic.

They protested against you? Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were gay! Go figure, we're on the same team!:D

They protested against you? Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were gay! Go figure, we're on the same team!:D

You both like guys? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

And I was just mousing around with our resident troll. Say, where did that little fella go?

I wonder now that their leader is gone, if his huge band of followers will carry on with their obscenities? How many was it anyway, five or six people?

-John

Sorry, I can't focus. Still stuck on what Kat said.

I wonder now that their leader is gone, if his huge band of followers will carry on with their obscenities? How many was it anyway, five or six people?

-John

It was more than that, maybe 20 or so. If the stories about his being "excommunicated" from the church is correct, there was a rift between Phelps' daughter Shirley (the main attention-grabbing lawyer) and other "elders" of the church. So who knows, maybe they'll carry on for a little while longer but if they're fighting amongst themselves, maybe they'll sink out of sight.

It was more than that, maybe 20 or so. If the stories about his being "excommunicated" from the church is correct, there was a rift between Phelps' daughter Shirley (the main attention-grabbing lawyer) and other "elders" of the church. So who knows, maybe they'll carry on for a little while longer but if they're fighting amongst themselves, maybe they'll sink out of sight.

One time they were claiming 100 members, mostly all family. Read that he started the "church"/Hate Group in 1955.

I always wonder about the staunch anti-gay groups, they seem to protest too much, if you know what I mean. ;) :rofl: There is another larger anti-gay group, the American Family Foundation that thrives on fund raising to combat gay marriage.:dunno:

Obsession is difficult to sustain without personal involvement. I'll bet old Fred was afraid of how he felt when he saw a man in tight pants.

They should because he must have been gay.
I mean when you have that much hate for something...

Back