West Palm Beach Flight School Recommendations ?

Mike's in the sky

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
mike
Looking to finally start my PPL training in the West Palm Beach area in FL. Any school recommendations ??

My nephew did a lot of flying out at Lantana.. seemed like a good outfit.

lantana's a fargin zoo.

well, maybe more of a poked hornet's nest than a zoo.

I had a good experience with SkyBlue Flight Academy when I got checked out for a rental. They are up in Stuart so that's about 45 minutes away but they were cool to work with.

I had a good experience with SkyBlue Flight Academy when I got checked out for a rental. They are up in Stuart so that's about 45 minutes away but they were cool to work with.
I'll check them out Thank you!

Stuart? There’s Treasure Coast Flight Training (big school, ~20 instructors), I never heard of Skyblue, there’s Blue Sky down in North Perry, are you sure you’re not confusing the two?

Last edited:
Stuart? There’s Treasure Coast Flight Training (big school, ~20 instructors), I never heard of Skyblue, there’s Blue Sky down in North Perry, are you sure you’re not confusing the two?

This is the place. https://skyblueja.com/

I don't know how long they have been around because I was just visiting family. They were falling all over me to make me happy and were so friendly even though I just wanted a checkout and a couple hour rental. It is a small operation but they are also a Part 135 charter.

This is the place. https://skyblueja.com/

I don't know how long they have been around because I was just visiting family. They were falling all over me to make me happy and were so friendly even though I just wanted a checkout and a couple hour rental. It is a small operation but they are also a Part 135 charter.

Yeah, they’ve always had a Cirrus factory maintenance shop there, must have added rental and flight training.
Good to know.

Back