We're off.

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
Tony's go thread didn't really reflect when people were actually...gone :)

So here it is..

Tristan and I will be wheels up in about 30 to 45 minutes. It will be a long, slow, bumpy, interesting flight down through this mess they call the weather. After consulting with FSS, if I get out now, the storms should not be a factor. Although it is going to get rather nasty here this afternoon.

Last edited:
Headed for the airport now. Pick up JoAnne in LNS, and then point it to BPK. We'll see how strong we are for a slow, bumpy ride. There's always airports between here and there. :D

See ya'll soon!!!
Kaye

just talked to Jesse. He has been excited to see 70 knots on the GPS so far. right now he is in Morgan or Marshall, MO, or something like that. Landed when he managed to get nearly airsick from all the turbulence down low. tried every conceivable altitude and wind was still 40-50 knots everywhere. he's about 220 nm out, will be back in the air once he doesnt feel like throwing up.

Man that doesen't sound too good. I envy all of you the time at Gastons this year but not the trip. I'm just cringing thinking of Kent slugging it out in the Archer:vomit:

tomorrow will be easy in the 140. we'll have 5 or 10 knot tailwinds for most of the trip. probably will be faster than jesse in the DA20 today.

just talked to Jesse. He has been excited to see 70 knots on the GPS so far. right now he is in Morgan or Marshall, MO, or something like that. Landed when he managed to get nearly airsick from all the turbulence down low. tried every conceivable altitude and wind was still 40-50 knots everywhere. he's about 220 nm out, will be back in the air once he doesnt feel like throwing up.

And how has Tristan handled the turbulance? Better than Jesse?

yes, tristan is fine. Jesse has a sensitive stomach to turbulence, always has. Doesnt matter if he's flying either, after enough of it he gets sick.

A beautiful flight down..Other than the the 50 knot headwind, turbulance, haze, and heat. Neither of us threw up--although I got close and diverted to get my stomach back. Tristan is the strong one.

We touched down about 2 minutes ago with about 7.5 hours on the hobbs which is just short of double what it should have been.

The runway is the same as it always is...Perfect.

Yeah. To think I missed that. :rolleyes: ...in my old age.

A beautiful flight down..Other than the the 50 knot headwind, turbulance, haze, and heat. Neither of us threw up--although I got close and diverted to get my stomach back. Tristan is the strong one.

We touched down about 2 minutes ago with about 7.5 hours on the hobbs which is just short of double what it should have been.

The runway is the same as it always is...Perfect.

I got Jesse's landing on video, It will be posted later tonight.

James Dean

Bill, Brook and I will be under way soon. N152CF IFR Route of Flight CHA-MKL-3M0. See you all soon!!

I'm having difficulties finding my extra wireless equipment. Is it needed, or do we have wireless at the runway already?

I'm having difficulties finding my extra wireless equipment. Is it needed, or do we have wireless at the runway already?

Jason was going to bring a hacked Linksys with dd-wrt to use as a repeater. I have my access point. We may be able to get it working with those.

I also have an external antenna but it's not a beam.

I'm bringing the access points...you know...for weather :D

We hope to be leaving around 9am if this crud burns off.
John

Back