Went flying tonight for night currency

BobThePilot

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Bob
…and promptly landed nose wheel first on my first landing! :yikes:

I've never done that. Totally sucked. But it was a fairly light hit and the mains plonked on down, no bouncing or any further drama. Thank heavens it's a rental. The other ones were better.

:lol:

Glad nobody was recording it. Got absolutely no idea how I could do such a stupid thing!!! Didn't do that as a student pilot.

:redface:

It happens. You found the edges of the box. Back away a step or two and continue to dance. Never forget where the edge is located, for it may be critical one day.

Might want to check the prop tips in good daylight. Depending on the aircraft I've seen tips with a little light "sanding" from landings like that.

Not good for Cessna firewalls either.

For a "fairly light hit" you may be ok.
I watched a lot of Cessnas do 3 point landings last weekend.

Last edited:
Check the firewall ,it may only seem like a light hit to you. Now I know why I never went into lease back programs.

I'm not checking anything. There was no prop contact. It is a rental. I reported the inelegant landing, now it is up to them to deal with it. But there will be no issues. It was basically a flat landing with the nose leading, and was soft too. Basically I flew it into the ground gently. Bit of a wake up call for me to do more night practicing!!!

My night vision seems to be poor these days. I might have to cut back on smoking. It was a dark field out in the sticks, no moon, crappy landing light.

As for those of you who lease back your planes to flight schools, I would personally like to thank you and to encourage you to keep doing that.

Thank you. :yesnod:

Back